The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
bigredfly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

Justin,

Already fished the setup, rod is amazing, light and beautiful and plays like a champ. The reel you sent me is awesome as well. Smooth drags, excellent craftsmanship, among many other things. Thanks again for working with your toughest/most impatient customer. I appreciate the help and you will be seeing more orders from me in the future. Thanks again.

-Ben
Old 08-24-2010, 04:26 PM

wonderfulremark is on a distinguished road

Hey Justin,
I just got my XL 3/4 reel.
Thank you.

How do you change to right hand retrieve to left hand retrieve??

Jeff
Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 PM
bigredfly is on a distinguished road

Ill see if i cant explain that. When you take off the spool, and you look on the frame side of the spool, theres a textured thumb screw/cap. take that off and inside is a delron looking bearing. Im not sure if it really is delron, but whatever. If you want to switch the retrieve, pop out that little delron bearing and flip it over and put it back in. Thats not the best explanation, if ya need a more detailed description, pm me and ill take some pictures.

-Ben
Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredfly View Post
Ill see if i cant explain that. When you take off the spool, and you look on the frame side of the spool, theres a textured thumb screw/cap. take that off and inside is a delron looking bearing. Im not sure if it really is delron, but whatever. If you want to switch the retrieve, pop out that little delron bearing and flip it over and put it back in. Thats not the best explanation, if ya need a more detailed description, pm me and ill take some pictures.

-Ben
Maybe this picture will help.

That's the bearing there, just flip it over.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM

Thank you!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone,

I have some stock in the following that I would like to offer

1. Alpha 3/4 $60
2. Alpha 5/6 $60
3. I just came out with Spey Line (Windcutter) line. They are $20 each. I have #5, #6, #7, #8, and #9 wts.
4. I started doing an "Orange" line in my WFF line. They are $9.50. I only have them in a #6wt to start with

Thanks everyone,

Justin
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 PM

bosince6 is on a distinguished road

That sounds great about the orange line! I was waiting for you to do that. To bad I already made my order..
Old 09-05-2010, 01:23 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I wish I had known about that orange line too. I just might buy a spool for the XL before long, then get a 7 or 8wt orange line too. I hope they will have spools for the XL that I just bought. I bet they will. I have not tried the reel yet, got a super deal on it.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Justin, I'd like to try the Orange WFF line.
I am very impressed with your XL reel and thought i'd give the line a try as well..
Could you send me an invoice please?

wonderfulremark at gmail dot com
Old 09-08-2010, 05:30 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have some stock in the following that I would like to offer

1. Alpha 3/4 $60
2. Alpha 5/6 $60
3. I just came out with Spey Line (Windcutter) line. They are $20 each. I have #5, #6, #7, #8, and #9 wts.
4. I started doing an "Orange" line in my WFF line. They are $9.50. I only have them in a #6wt to start with

Thanks everyone,

Justin
Toys, just toys!! Just kidding.

Without going through all the 'fall-'de-rool' what do you have in 'spey sized reels? Have a new R B Meiser 3-4-5 coming, with matching SG line; really don't want to unload a present reel as I load these things up, and keep them that way.

Off to fish, grab rod/reel/line and on top of the Jeep and I/Doggies are out of here at 'zero dark 30.' Never could figure out why Guys would have all this stuff in bits and pieces and want to kill a half hour rigging all this 'stuff' up in the dark.

Rod racks are a good thing, as is the 'night before.'

fae