The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 04:49 PM

driftaway is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CutThroat Leader Testimonials

I just tried mine today. I am impressed and like the way they cast. No risers today as the water is still high and cold. Cant wait to try it during a hatch
Old 07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Another CutThroat Leader Testimonial. recieved 07-21-2011

I was fishing on Little River in Maine & I broke my mono leader. A friend of mine gave me one of your Furled leaders to try.... and WOW I'm impressed. I been Fly Fishing for years... since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I have used hundreds of leaders & NONE compare to yours. I know most of the Fly Fishing community here in the state of Maine old & young & I plan on referring your leaders to everyone I come across. Again I'm very impressed.

On another note, I was kinda curious as to what there made of ? There soooooooo smooth while casting, specially when I see a rise near the shore line & I'm able to nail it on the spot every time. I test a lot of fishing equipment with a few different fishing suppliers in my home state of Maine and I'm gonna see about referring your site to them. I as well test a lot of fishing supplies through cabelas & still your leaders beat'em all out. Great job !

Sincerely, Steve Rawding

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

10-30-2011 CutThroat Leader Testimonial
I have not posted any testimonials in a while, now that things are slowing down a bit, I have more time behind the keyboard......

Mike,

This past summer you sent an Ultimate Leader for 4-6 wt for me to try out and asked for my feedback. At long last I had the proper opportunity to try it out. It was wonderful. I fished the Big Horn two days ago. Fish were feeding warily on small BWO’s. I used a 7-1/2” ‘boo rod (a PHY Perfectionist taper, to be exact) with a Cortland Clear Creek 5-wt line, your Ultimate Leader, and +7 ft of 6x tippet. I used a variety of patterns ranging from soft hackle emergers to #20 CDC BWO duns. Your leader was most enjoyable, delivering the offerings accurately and delicately. Nary a fish was spooked by the casts.

I also used the 24” reinforced nymph leader w/swivel (as a streamer leader) – top notch leader throwing wooly buggers.

I also used the 9’ 7/8 spey leader, again with the swivel, throwing buggers at distance, using a 12’ 400 grain ‘boo spey rod. (I had a great time that day using a variety of rods.) Your furled leaders worked much better than any of my previous leader systems. I shall be ordering more leaders soon.

Lastly, I recently ordered the ‘shorty’ dry leaders, which I used a week ago on a narrow high-mountain stream. The shorty leader is just right, especially with the rods I use on that stream (6’ 8” to 7’ ‘boo rods).

I first learned of your leaders a little over a year ago. I currently use nothing but Cutthroat leaders. A fine product.

Regards,

Mike,

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
Old 12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Business Member

Another testimonial...... 12-02-2011.
We receive at least one great email / testimonial a day, reason for posting this one is not to many guys have used our Steelhead or reinforeced leaders as of yet"

Just tried your new 50 inch steelhead leader on the opening day of Steelhead season on the Central coast of California and had to write. The weather turned real windy for the opener and we had 50+ mph gusts blowing all day. I fished a two fly flash bugger/nymph combo all day with your leader and had virtually no foul-ups, knots or other problems normally encountered when fishing this twqo fly rig, especially in high winds. The steelhead leader with about 6 feet of 3x flouro tippet turned over the flies with ease and I was able to maintain much tighter loops (necessary for the windy conditions) without fouling the flies than I ever have with a conventional mono leader. The swivel end worked to eliminate line twist as advertised, and, best of all, I caught plenty of fish. Thanks for making such a great product. I have also used your dry fly leaders and now will fish nothing else.

John Moss, Atascadero, CA

Mike