The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-business-classifieds/)
-   -   CutThroat Leader Testimonials (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-business-classifieds/127800-cutthroat-leader-testimonials.html)

CutThroat Leaders 04-18-2011 03:11 PM

CutThroat Leader Testimonials

Below is just one of very many testimonials that I received last year and early this season. Yes, Thread Leaders may not be everyone, but most people that try them, continue to fish with them.

Use coupon code NAFFF to save 30% for all NAFF members. (limited time only).

Mike,

This Thanks is long overdue. Last July, I ordered 2 of your dry-fly leaders to use on both my son’s, 15/13, fly rods because I was just done with all the added cost and constant work to use the regular mono leaders. When I took them out of the package and they just hung straight with no memory, I knew these were different. After watching them cast them, I had to borrow their rods to believe what I saw. Well, let’s just say, it took about 2 casts and knew that these were the real deal! I ended up ordering a couple more for me in both the dry and nymph and will NEVER go back to the old leaders EVER! They last so much longer than old style and handle like a dream. I ended up fishing about 50 times on one leader and it held up with no problems what so ever and would have no worries using it another 50 times! The only reason I changed the leader was that I ordered the hybrid nymph with 5-6 as gifts for fishing buddies and wanted to try that it out! Every now and then, there are those special things you find that seem to be better than you could have imagined….Well, your leaders are just that…Better than I could have hoped for.

I’m sure I’ll be ordering more of them to put on ALL my fly reels and rods!

Thanks again.

Kent
Reno, Nevada…

khl 04-27-2011 11:03 AM

Re: CutThroat Leader Testimonials

I just received a couple of leaders in the mail today. I'm very impressed with the quality of the leaders. I've made some furled leaders out of both thread and mono and can attest that these are very well made. Can't wait to use them!

Thanks Mike!

Kai

axle27 04-27-2011 12:05 PM

That's awesome. I have been eyeballing the spey leaders for my switch rod. Just placed the order. Can't wait to hit the big water...

Thanx.

khl 04-27-2011 12:25 PM

I saw the length of the spey leaders - 13'. When I make my leaders, they shrink up at least 10% when you start furling. That means at least a 14' jig to wind it up. I can tell you I'd rather buy than make when they get that long :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by axle27 (Post 247602)
That's awesome. I have been eyeballing the spey leaders for my switch rod. Just placed the order. Can't wait to hit the big water...

Thanx.

Hardyreels 04-27-2011 12:38 PM

This is good to hear,

Remember, if you use furled leaders or are curious to try them 'CutThroat Leaders' is one of our business partners here so if you don't mind mail orders let's support our forum businesses.

Ard

axle27 04-27-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khl (Post 247619)
I saw the length of the spey leaders - 13'. When I make my leaders, they shrink up at least 10% when you start furling. That means at least a 14' jig to wind it up. I can tell you I'd rather buy than make when they get that long :D.

I actually bought the 9ft model that is for rods 10-12ft.

littledavid123 04-27-2011 03:23 PM

I ordered two of these leaders and am impressed. They don't slap the water and wind knots are almost a thing of the past.

Dave

creeker 05-06-2011 11:36 PM

Most impressed! The leaders really allow for some nice presentations. Definitely get the Loon Payette Paste to go with them as it makes drifts virtually drag free. Thanks for a quality product!

Curtis
Lake Arrowhead, CA

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...gBlues/blu.jpg

jcw355 05-07-2011 08:31 AM

Cool, another source for leaders. Added to my fishing folder.

CutThroat Leaders 05-11-2011 04:35 PM

Hello Guy's,

I am glad to hear the positive feedback on the leaders. I am always excited to hear what people are thinking. Because of the high water conditions we are having out West, I have been doing some great lake fishing from float tubes. With that said, our lake nymphing leaders (treated to sink) have proven to be an asset on the lake. Myself and two other buddies were fishing, different brand sinking lines, (Rio/Scientific/?), the nymph leaders had a great sink rate and none of us had the belly in the line that I so dislike.

On the topic of Nymphing, we offer a Hi-Vis Nymph leader. For all of us who hate using a big bulky strike indicator. These leaders have been selling like hot-cakes. The Orange portion floats like a cork and the green section sinks. These are for river conditions.

http://www.shop.cutthroatleader.com/...h%20Leader.jpg

I am hoping to start responding and posting more often now that I am back from my R&D.

Thank you,