The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default CutThroat Leader Testimonials

Below is just one of very many testimonials that I received last year and early this season. Yes, Thread Leaders may not be everyone, but most people that try them, continue to fish with them.

Use coupon code NAFFF to save 30% for all NAFF members. (limited time only).

Mike,

This Thanks is long overdue. Last July, I ordered 2 of your dry-fly leaders to use on both my son’s, 15/13, fly rods because I was just done with all the added cost and constant work to use the regular mono leaders. When I took them out of the package and they just hung straight with no memory, I knew these were different. After watching them cast them, I had to borrow their rods to believe what I saw. Well, let’s just say, it took about 2 casts and knew that these were the real deal! I ended up ordering a couple more for me in both the dry and nymph and will NEVER go back to the old leaders EVER! They last so much longer than old style and handle like a dream. I ended up fishing about 50 times on one leader and it held up with no problems what so ever and would have no worries using it another 50 times! The only reason I changed the leader was that I ordered the hybrid nymph with 5-6 as gifts for fishing buddies and wanted to try that it out! Every now and then, there are those special things you find that seem to be better than you could have imagined….Well, your leaders are just that…Better than I could have hoped for.

I’m sure I’ll be ordering more of them to put on ALL my fly reels and rods!

Thanks again.

Kent
Reno, Nevada…

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 AM

khl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CutThroat Leader Testimonials

I just received a couple of leaders in the mail today. I'm very impressed with the quality of the leaders. I've made some furled leaders out of both thread and mono and can attest that these are very well made. Can't wait to use them!

Thanks Mike!

Kai
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

That's awesome. I have been eyeballing the spey leaders for my switch rod. Just placed the order. Can't wait to hit the big water...

Thanx.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 PM

khl is on a distinguished road

I saw the length of the spey leaders - 13'. When I make my leaders, they shrink up at least 10% when you start furling. That means at least a 14' jig to wind it up. I can tell you I'd rather buy than make when they get that long .

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
That's awesome. I have been eyeballing the spey leaders for my switch rod. Just placed the order. Can't wait to hit the big water...

Thanx.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This is good to hear,

Remember, if you use furled leaders or are curious to try them 'CutThroat Leaders' is one of our business partners here so if you don't mind mail orders let's support our forum businesses.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-27-2011, 01:51 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by khl View Post
I saw the length of the spey leaders - 13'. When I make my leaders, they shrink up at least 10% when you start furling. That means at least a 14' jig to wind it up. I can tell you I'd rather buy than make when they get that long .
I actually bought the 9ft model that is for rods 10-12ft.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered two of these leaders and am impressed. They don't slap the water and wind knots are almost a thing of the past.

Dave
Old 05-06-2011, 11:36 PM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Most impressed! The leaders really allow for some nice presentations. Definitely get the Loon Payette Paste to go with them as it makes drifts virtually drag free. Thanks for a quality product!

Curtis
Lake Arrowhead, CA

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:31 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Cool, another source for leaders. Added to my fishing folder.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Hello Guy's,

I am glad to hear the positive feedback on the leaders. I am always excited to hear what people are thinking. Because of the high water conditions we are having out West, I have been doing some great lake fishing from float tubes. With that said, our lake nymphing leaders (treated to sink) have proven to be an asset on the lake. Myself and two other buddies were fishing, different brand sinking lines, (Rio/Scientific/?), the nymph leaders had a great sink rate and none of us had the belly in the line that I so dislike.

On the topic of Nymphing, we offer a Hi-Vis Nymph leader. For all of us who hate using a big bulky strike indicator. These leaders have been selling like hot-cakes. The Orange portion floats like a cork and the green section sinks. These are for river conditions.

Click the image to open in full size.

I am hoping to start responding and posting more often now that I am back from my R&D.

Thank you,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com