The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default CutThroat Leaders Discount Offer

Hello Nafff members. We at CutThroat Leaders are running a promotion on our "Trio Package" You get:
One 76" Ultimate Dry Fly Leader
One 68" Multi-Purpose Leaders (dry's, sub-surface, multiple flys rigs)
One 50" Nymphing Leader for turning over heavy weighted flys.
And a container of Loon Payette Paste Floatant. This is a great chance to get introduced to the world of CutThroat furled leaders.

The Trio package is located under our Combo Packages. The 30% discount we offer on the banners ads above will not apply to this offer as it is already highly discounted. Feel free to conact me with any questions.

Thank you,Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 05-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: CutThroat Leaders Discount Offer

Hi Everyone,

I have several CutThroat Leaders and working on a review. Don't wait for the review. If you have ever thought about giving furled leaders a try this is a good offer. They are a good product and you won't be disappointed with how they work or the quality.

Frank
Old 05-21-2011, 11:01 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Just placed an order the other day, can't wait to try out the highvis nymph leader.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 PM

trout2234 is on a distinguished road

just ordered mine tonight! can't wait to get it and try it out!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

No problem seeing that hi-vis leader.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM

missin44 is on a distinguished road

Is this promo still being offered?
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

You can use the coupon code NAFFF at checkout and save an additional 15% of the regular price.

This is good for all NAFFF members/users.

Here is the link.
Trio Package

Thank you,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM

missin44 is on a distinguished road

Just placed my order.

Thanks Mike
Old 04-10-2014, 11:02 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Okay, so after seeing a number of CTL's posts and seeing this product name used for the first time in my life here, it made me do some investigation at the site wondering "What in the heck is a furled leader?!"

Okay, so now I've seen it, read about it yet am still left with a few questions (some I read in the FAQ's yet I guess i need to hear it repeated to me, dense i guess).

1. I use a tippet at the end of these yes? IOW, a piece of mono or flourocarbon between the leader and the fly?
2. Really, how is the longevity of these things? As it stands my leader wallet is chock full of stiffening, yellowing tapered leaders of various sizes. Naturally the bulk of that portions left over from broken leaders.
3. Are those using these finding that it has reduced their inventory of leaders carried with them?.....IOW, instead of 2-3 tapered leaders of the same size, and tippet material to rebuild them of numerous sizes, I'd just need one of these of various sizes and types, and then my tippet material for the end?
4. Are there sinking versions? Obviously currently I just use mud and weight/shot to take mono ones down.
5. Is the casting and presentation better/same/worse?

Sorry for the ignorance on the subject, I just know nothing about furled leaders. Thanks for any help in better understanding these as they'd be a bit of an investment if I decide to give them a solid try.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:20 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtlksmarlin View Post
Okay, so after seeing a number of CTL's posts and seeing this product name used for the first time in my life here, it made me do some investigation at the site wondering "What in the heck is a furled leader?!"

Okay, so now I've seen it, read about it yet am still left with a few questions (some I read in the FAQ's yet I guess i need to hear it repeated to me, dense i guess).

1. I use a tippet at the end of these yes? IOW, a piece of mono or flourocarbon between the leader and the fly?
2. Really, how is the longevity of these things? As it stands my leader wallet is chock full of stiffening, yellowing tapered leaders of various sizes. Naturally the bulk of that portions left over from broken leaders.
3. Are those using these finding that it has reduced their inventory of leaders carried with them?.....IOW, instead of 2-3 tapered leaders of the same size, and tippet material to rebuild them of numerous sizes, I'd just need one of these of various sizes and types, and then my tippet material for the end?
4. Are there sinking versions? Obviously currently I just use mud and weight/shot to take mono ones down.
5. Is the casting and presentation better/same/worse?

Sorry for the ignorance on the subject, I just know nothing about furled leaders. Thanks for any help in better understanding these as they'd be a bit of an investment if I decide to give them a solid try.

B.E.F.
Give these a try! Sent you a PM.
grtlksmarlin likes this.