The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all
Default Release of our Trout II reel

Today has been a long time coming. For the last several months we have been working on a newer Trout reel. I'm happy to release this reel today. If you have any questions. Please let us know.

Please view the Trout II here

Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you,

Justin
mcnerney, Editor, bobafett and 1 others like this.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Release of our Trout II reel

You guys have any plans on a vintage styled reel?
williamhj likes this.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:39 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

WT, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm thinking an Orvis CFO look-a-like without the eardrum-splitting outgoing drag sound...
williamhj likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:25 AM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

A J

I fished a CFO4 for many years and became very fond of that "eardrum splitting outgoing drag sound". Became music to my ear.

Like your idea of an Allen CFO look alike however.

paul

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'm fond a loud outgoing click too, I'd like to see something like a St George with minimal porting and a bit of heft to balance out cane, glass, and older first edition graphite. A vintage styled reel for vintage rods!
wannafish likes this.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Yes, I can say something like that is in the works. The Trout II was my priority. We also have some other cool products being released soon.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Is the antireverse one of those cool things?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 PM

iluv2fish is on a distinguished road

nice cuts and cool color.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:45 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I'm fond a loud outgoing click too, I'd like to see something like a St George with minimal porting and a bit of heft to balance out cane, glass, and older first edition graphite. A vintage styled reel for vintage rods!
I love to hear the growl of my Hardys and JW Young with a strong fish on; however, lately there have been times I didn't want to alert some folks to where I was fishing and that growl when stripping line off the reel was a dead give-away

Maybe a clicker that could be silenced on occasion?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

At long last I got to meet the Allen guys at the Denver show today. Great to meet you guys.

Here is my new Trout II on a 4wt Z-Axis....balances sweet and looks Awesome
Click the image to open in full size.

Just for the record I went to the show with some guys who make good coin and can buy anything they want. After the two of them fiddled with mine, took it apart and inspected it they both went and bought one.

The new stuff is sweet too

Great job guys you have top shelf product at a fantastic price point. My only dissapointment was I didn't need two
Editor, ted4887 and trout sniper like this.