The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-business-classifieds/)
-   -   They're Back! Lamson Factory Seconds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-business-classifieds/339707-theyre-back-lamson-factory-seconds.html)

tridentfly 12-11-2013 04:15 AM

They're Back! Lamson Factory Seconds

Litespeed IV. Speedster. Even the mighty Vanquish. All on sale. . As one of Lamson's top dealers, we get exclusive access to deals that no one else can get. Act now to get 2014 reels at a fraction of retail prices.

What's a factory second?

Lamson builds fly reels to exacting standards. Sometimes in the process of building a great reel, things don't go perfectly. Accidents happen. Each of these reels has some sort of imperfection. It could be a small scratch, dent, ding, anodizing problem, etc. On most of the reels, we couldn't actually see the imperfection, if we could find it, you'll see a photo of it.

Every factory 2nd reel is covered by Lamson's Lifetime Warranty - the same warranty you get with a brand new reel.

Hardyreels 12-11-2013 01:11 PM

Re: They're Back! Lamson Factory Seconds

This sounds like a great time to get a really good deal on your next reel. Having owned a Velocity 3.5 in the past I feel I can comment on the reels, very well made with a smooth & foolproof drag system.

If you're considering a reel why not give one of our new sponsors hear a chance to fill your needs.

Ard

tsubeta04 12-11-2013 07:20 PM

I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger but would like some guidAnce

I currently own the lam son guru 3.5 for my 8wt but wanna get a 10 wt.

Any pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

comeonavs 12-11-2013 09:51 PM

Dont have any 8 or 10wts personally but have had great luck with Lamson reels in the past. If I were in the market like you that Speedster 4 would have my name all over it

This is a sweet deal, if I could dream up a need for a reel I would pull the trigger on a speedster myself

fredaevans 12-12-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsubeta04 (Post 619764)
I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger but would like some guidAnce

I currently own the lam son guru 3.5 for my 8wt but wanna get a 10 wt.

Any pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bit of a difference between reels for 1handers and two. But in the main, get the largest reel appropriate for the rod weight. Part of that deals with the reel 'balancing' out the rod. The longer the rod, the more 'weight' you'll need on 'the other end.' ;)

As for being a 'factory second' don't worry about it. By the third time you've put your reel down on rocks, etc., you'll have a 'second.' With old reels the word is 'Patina.' "Time in Grade" if you will.

tsubeta04 12-12-2013 09:10 PM

Went to my local fly shop and handled the speedster.

That thing is beautiful.

Im trying to justify the purchase.

Im planning a trip to florida to chase tarpon in the summer so we'll see

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

rustydog32 12-13-2013 12:28 PM

I own 6 of the gurus they make a great reel

coloradocaddis970 01-03-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsubeta04 (Post 620122)
Went to my local fly shop and handled the speedster.

That thing is beautiful.

Im trying to justify the purchase.

Im planning a trip to florida to chase tarpon in the summer so we'll see

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I got the speedster...... B-E-A-utiful!! Its got a great feel, light weight and retrieves line very quickly without barreling. I paired her on my new 9'6" 6wt ONE. AWESOME!!!!

comeonavs 01-03-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradocaddis970 (Post 627502)
I got the speedster...... B-E-A-utiful!! Its got a great feel, light weight and retrieves line very quickly without barreling. I paired her on my new 9'6" 6wt ONE. AWESOME!!!!

So jealous I want a Speedster bad, just have a abundance of trout reels and cant justify adding another reel for 3 or 4 wt rods

tail of the pool 01-03-2014 10:36 PM

Words of Wisdom Right There

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 619889)
Bit of a difference between reels for 1handers and two. But in the main, get the largest reel appropriate for the rod weight. Part of that deals with the reel 'balancing' out the rod. The longer the rod, the more 'weight' you'll need on 'the other end.' ;)

As for being a 'factory second' don't worry about it. By the third time you've put your reel down on rocks, etc., you'll have a 'second.' With old reels the word is 'Patina.' "Time in Grade" if you will.