The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Business Member

tridentfly is on a distinguished road
Default They're Back! Lamson Factory Seconds

Litespeed IV. Speedster. Even the mighty Vanquish. All on sale. . As one of Lamson's top dealers, we get exclusive access to deals that no one else can get. Act now to get 2014 reels at a fraction of retail prices.

What's a factory second?

Lamson builds fly reels to exacting standards. Sometimes in the process of building a great reel, things don't go perfectly. Accidents happen. Each of these reels has some sort of imperfection. It could be a small scratch, dent, ding, anodizing problem, etc. On most of the reels, we couldn't actually see the imperfection, if we could find it, you'll see a photo of it.

Every factory 2nd reel is covered by Lamson's Lifetime Warranty - the same warranty you get with a brand new reel.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: They're Back! Lamson Factory Seconds

This sounds like a great time to get a really good deal on your next reel. Having owned a Velocity 3.5 in the past I feel I can comment on the reels, very well made with a smooth & foolproof drag system.

If you're considering a reel why not give one of our new sponsors hear a chance to fill your needs.

Ard
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:20 PM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice

I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger but would like some guidAnce

I currently own the lam son guru 3.5 for my 8wt but wanna get a 10 wt.

Any pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2013, 10:51 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Dont have any 8 or 10wts personally but have had great luck with Lamson reels in the past. If I were in the market like you that Speedster 4 would have my name all over it

This is a sweet deal, if I could dream up a need for a reel I would pull the trigger on a speedster myself

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 12-12-2013, 08:42 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubeta04 View Post
I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger but would like some guidAnce

I currently own the lam son guru 3.5 for my 8wt but wanna get a 10 wt.

Any pointers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bit of a difference between reels for 1handers and two. But in the main, get the largest reel appropriate for the rod weight. Part of that deals with the reel 'balancing' out the rod. The longer the rod, the more 'weight' you'll need on 'the other end.'

As for being a 'factory second' don't worry about it. By the third time you've put your reel down on rocks, etc., you'll have a 'second.' With old reels the word is 'Patina.' "Time in Grade" if you will.
tail of the pool likes this.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice

Went to my local fly shop and handled the speedster.

That thing is beautiful.

Im trying to justify the purchase.

Im planning a trip to florida to chase tarpon in the summer so we'll see

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-13-2013, 01:28 PM

rustydog32 is on a distinguished road

I own 6 of the gurus they make a great reel
mridenour likes this.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:53 PM

coloradocaddis970 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubeta04 View Post
Went to my local fly shop and handled the speedster.

That thing is beautiful.

Im trying to justify the purchase.

Im planning a trip to florida to chase tarpon in the summer so we'll see

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
I got the speedster...... B-E-A-utiful!! Its got a great feel, light weight and retrieves line very quickly without barreling. I paired her on my new 9'6" 6wt ONE. AWESOME!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocaddis970 View Post
I got the speedster...... B-E-A-utiful!! Its got a great feel, light weight and retrieves line very quickly without barreling. I paired her on my new 9'6" 6wt ONE. AWESOME!!!!
So jealous I want a Speedster bad, just have a abundance of trout reels and cant justify adding another reel for 3 or 4 wt rods

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 01-03-2014, 11:36 PM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

Words of Wisdom Right There

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Bit of a difference between reels for 1handers and two. But in the main, get the largest reel appropriate for the rod weight. Part of that deals with the reel 'balancing' out the rod. The longer the rod, the more 'weight' you'll need on 'the other end.'

As for being a 'factory second' don't worry about it. By the third time you've put your reel down on rocks, etc., you'll have a 'second.' With old reels the word is 'Patina.' "Time in Grade" if you will.
I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. –John Gierach