The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flygrain
  • 1 Post By Mnflyfish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Business Member

Flygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wood flyboxes

After a couple weeks of being buried in special orders, Ive finally had some time to play! well, play to me means design and build stuff I dream up

Buckeye Burl is one of those woods that just doesn't pay off. Theres just way too much waste per board foot, and with prices at a premium, I am really a glutton to continue buying it. But I still do and some times I get rewarded. This is one of those times!

The really complex burl grains may have questionable stability. So when necessary, I chemically stabilize the wood in a vacuum chamber. Drawing all the air out of the wood and replacing it with a hardener. The result multiplies the strength of the wood exponentially. Making the most amazing woods usable!

Here is a fly box I just finished using this process. This is some of the most complex, beautiful burl wood I have ever seen! Keep in mind that every one of my boxes are one of a kind. As unique as stones in a stream. There will never be another one just like this (as is the case with all my products)

**This box has SOLD**

Click the image to open in full size.

This box is available here along with many other unique beauties!

"The Riffle" Pocket box. Buckeye Burl | Flygrain

Here is another one of my favorites. My original pocket box made with the highest grade spalted maple. I LOVE this box!

Click the image to open in full size.

Follow the link...
Spalted Maple Pocket box | Flygrain

Also, now thru this weekend if you spend $100 or more you will get %20 off! This is a site-wide sale! Just enter this discount code upon checkout. UTFU0OP3T0VY
mcnerney likes this.
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl

Last edited by Flygrain; 03-06-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: Wood flyboxes

Ever do one in burled walnut? That buckeye is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Welcome aboard 'J'

Simply beautiful work!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Business Member

Flygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of lightFlygrain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyfish View Post
Ever do one in burled walnut? That buckeye is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone
I have! I also do quite a few projects with burled veneers in which I have some amazing walnut burl. I laminate the wood veneer to hardwood to get some really unigue boxes. Check out the cigar boxes on my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Welcome aboard 'J'

Simply beautiful work!
Thanks Ard!
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl