The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold
Default Hand made wood cigar boxes

These are for you cigar enthusiasts who like to carry a couple stogies along on the water. These cigar boxes are designed after my Pocket Box fly boxes. With the unique pivot operation and magnet closure.
These boxes are sized to hold two Robusto cigars (or anything smaller) and a mini lighter or a clutch of strike-anywhere matches.

The idea here is a way to safely carry a pair of stogies in your vest, pocket or pack. It is not water tight nor is it a humidor of any kind. it is a gorgeous wood box that is guaranteed to make you say "mmmmmmmmm" when you pull it out to celebrate that 25" brown with a stogie

Most of my cigar boxes are constructed with 100% hardwood and laminated with a decorative veneer of gorgeous real wood burl or figured exotic wood.

They are built, sanded and finished to the same standards as my fly boxes. They feel like glass but have a pleasing satin finish of SPAR marine urethane. The final treatment is a rub down with a high grade wax wood conditioner using 6000 grit paper.
This lot has black anodized aluminum pivot/post screws and small, powerful magnets for a very positive SNAP closure.

A short video on the operation of these cigar boxes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6R5...ature=youtu.be

For more cigar boxes including my much larger Double Corona size, please check out Flygrain click on catalog in the top banner and scroll down.

Please email me for questions and purchase at flygrain@gmail.com

The boxes below are $40 ea. plus $7 shipping USPS in the continental US (Cigars not included)

Box #1 Black Walnut Burl on black walnut box

Click the image to open in full size.

Box #2 Same as above *SOLD*

Box #3 English Brown oak Burl on Red Oak (My #1 seller!) *SOLD*

Box #4 Same as above *SOLD*

Box #5 Amboyna Burl on Northern Cherry **SOLD**

Box #6 This one is solid Figured Black Walnut, through and through.

Box #7 *SOLD* Figured Etimoe (A close cousin of Koa) on Black Walnut (Spectacular 3-D grain structure in this veneer!)

Last edited by Flygrain; 03-14-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand made wood cigar boxes

Jay: I don't smoke but have a great friend that does, that would be a perfect gift. I'll send you the money via PayPal, I want one in English Brown Oak on Red Oak.

Larry

Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

You got it Larry. I marked the best one SOLD for ya. Thank you!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:30 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

You call them a cigar box... I'd call them a blunt box
ted4887 and Flygrain like this.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: Just sent you the funds via PayPal!

Larry
Flygrain likes this.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Account on hold

Got it Larry! Thanks!

Also would like to point out that these boxes aren't just for cigars They hold 3-4 large streamers quite nicely

mcnerney and itchmesir like this.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygrain View Post
Got it Larry! Thanks!

Also would like to point out that these boxes aren't just for cigars They hold 3-4 large streamers quite nicely

Perfect size for a pocket when you want to walk down to the river for a quick shot a morning musky. I dig it!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Account on hold

Just a heads up on the cigar boxes. Since I posted this add, both the English brown oak burl boxes have sold and I have taken orders for 5 more. This has exhausted my supply of the English oak. I was able to order some more from my supplier and I was very happy to see he still had some from the same lot!

I can never visit his site without spending more than I planned. So I also got this incredible lot of Myrtle Burl Veneer! This is really going to go POP! with a few coats of varnish! Look for some projects made with this gorgeous wood soon!

mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Jay: This is an incredible piece of wood!

Larry
Flygrain likes this.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:46 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Jay: This is an incredible piece of wood!

Larry
That's what she said!

Couldn't help myself.
fredaevans and Flygrain like this.