The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By guest59
  • 1 Post By Eddie O'Neill
  • 1 Post By rangerrich99
  • 1 Post By tx_newb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold
Default Wood fly boxes

Got a few new beauties!

These first 3 are my "Riffle" design with the pivot lid operation and magnet closure.

This one is Hawaiian Mango wood. Really hard to find! I got a small piece when I was in Maui a while back. I made some pistol grips for my Ruger and had this left over. This wood is gone and I doubt I'll get any more. The bottom portion is African Mahogany. $50

Click the image to open in full size.

Heres another highly exotic wood. Mexican Bocote. I get very small quantities occasionally. Its way too expensive to buy regularly. This one also has an African Mahogany box. $50

Another Riffle Box. This one is super figured Red Oak. This is the most figured, 3-D oak Ive ever seen! $50

These next three are 3x5" fly boxes. I have been saving this piece of maple. Not sure why. It is so pretty I have had it in my office as a decoration. It was time to cut it up!
This is as good as it gets!!

#1 *SOLD*

#2 $70

#3 $70

This one is 4x6" Figured black walnut. $80

This is the last of my Purple Heart. Super intense Purple grain. This is 100% natural color. Sadly, this one sustained some router tear out during milling and I wont put it on my site. Therefore Im going to discount it here for NAFFF members to get at a great price. In pristine condition this box sells for $90. I'll let it go for $60. The outside of the box IS pristine and I have a picture of the tear out included.

First $60 gets this beauty!

Blemish

Be sure to go to Flygrain to see a big selection of boxes and even a few knives.

This is less than half my inventory

Thanks for looking!
rangerrich99 and mridenour like this.

Last edited by Flygrain; 03-18-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wood fly boxes

Pretty awesome. You have a real talent
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:14 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Really beautiful stuff. I even went and checked out your catalog. Now I'm really tempted. Might have to figure out how to fit some of this stuff into my already tight budget.
Flygrain likes this.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 03-25-2014, 08:12 AM

tx_newb is a glorious beacon of lighttx_newb is a glorious beacon of lighttx_newb is a glorious beacon of lighttx_newb is a glorious beacon of lighttx_newb is a glorious beacon of lighttx_newb is a glorious beacon of light

I got my cigar box and a knife Flygrain made for me last week, beautiful stuff! You can tell just by looking at them that they're one of a kind. The craftsmanship is great, I highly recommend his products if you're on the fence!
Flygrain likes this.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks a lot Matt! I appreciate the post

I have some really nice new stuff on the drying rack! I cant wait to show you guys! I may have to photograph these out in the sun to show off the intense grain. Cigar smokers and fly box collectors stand by!