The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold
Default Why are your flies in plastic boxes?

I know there is a strong percentage of fly anglers that not only love the sport, but take extreme pride in the amazing and beautiful gear they own. We stash cash for months to afford that coveted rod. we take care of those reels as carefully as our own children. we painstakingly tie flies for hours... days...weeks on end. And then..... we stick them in a plastic box???
THE MOST IMPORTANT part of our inventory. The single thing that separates fly fishing from all other fishing. Without the fly, there is no fly fishing. we tie them with pride and we show them to our friends, our families... Our dogs & cats We show them off on the internet. Yet they quietly disappear into some insignificant case until they are ready for action.

What can we do???

Might I suggest, A custom, one of a kind wood fly box?

Click the image to open in full size.

Maybe a set for all occasions?

Maybe something from the wildest wood you've ever seen?

Maybe something completely custom that we design together?

I make cigar boxes, custom pipe boxes, knives and fly boxes

Let me make an heirloom box for you! The woods available will make your eyes cross!

And my artistic engravings can turn even the simplest wood into something magnificent

Let me make something special for you, or for that person you know who seems to have it all. Maybe your dad or mentor that introduced you to this great sport. Do you have a guide you like to use for a certain, special fishery? Let me make a box just for him. A gorgeous wood fly box with his/her name engraved in it with a nice tip tucked inside is a GREAT way to say thank you for all the hard work!

I have all kinds of beautiful boxes available right now on my site Flygrain

Fishing season is upon us! Don't your flies deserve better?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why are your flies in plastic boxes?

I don't feel so guilty now, can't wait.
Flygrain likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I'd be interested in something that'd be a hybrid between a hinged fly box and a tobacco box. Where it opens up and one side is foam/cork and the other half holds your... Tobacco and tobacco pipe. The day trip fly box of sorts
Flygrain likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Beautiful work, seems like a nice birthday present to myself (too bad it's in November!)

Ryan
Flygrain likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Those are nice looking but not for me.
Flygrain likes this.

Last edited by jcw355; 04-16-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
Beautiful work, seems like a nice birthday present to myself (too bad it's in November!)

Ryan
There's always half birthdays or the better yet unbirthdays.
Flygrain likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
There's always half birthdays or the better yet unbirthdays.

I wish, however, disability from the military isn't THAT much, I do take donations though

Ryan
Flygrain likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
I'd be interested in something that'd be a hybrid between a hinged fly box and a tobacco box. Where it opens up and one side is foam/cork and the other half holds your... Tobacco and tobacco pipe. The day trip fly box of sorts
You may have to draw me a picture of that one

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
I wish, however, disability from the military isn't THAT much, I do take donations though

Ryan
Military Disability huh? Whats your shipping address?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygrain View Post
You may have to draw me a picture of that one
I'm one horrible drawer. But something like a combo of your 3x5 and pocket box.

Have you ever worked with leopard wood btw?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:51 AM
mridenour

Hmmm, sure would be a nice Father's Day gift!

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

LOL! Just texted the kids the website and hinted about Father' Day. Is that being too demanding?