The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By guest59
  • 1 Post By plecain
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By guest59
  • 1 Post By oldskewl808

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold
Default Koa and Monkeypod flyboxes!

I have continued to cut into the Koa I brought back from the islands. This wood is so amazing. I just cant put it down! The color and figure in this Koa wood is darn near perfect in the world of wood craft. I don't know how else to describe it rather than, you just have to see and feel it to take in its true beauty.

This is a very small "private reserve" amount of wood. I did not include these in my sale. The prices are firm! I discovered after listing the first one that I have priced these VERY reasonably. In respect to the customer who bought that one, these will be priced the same

Please contact me at flygrain@gmail.com if you would like to purchase one of these one-of-a-kind beauties!

Highly figured Hawaiian Koa 3x5" fly box $145

Click the image to open in full size.

This one is from the same piece of wood but has a more subtle figure so Ive priced it accordingly

Highly figured Hawaiian Koa 3x5" fly box $130

Here I have another really neat Monkeypod box. Very interesting color and grain structure. (Thanks Dave Winter for the nice wood!)
3x5" $80

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Koa and Monkeypod flyboxes!

These are beautiful.

I'd be afraid of losing one if I used it while fishing. Is there any reasonable way of attaching these to, for example, a zinger, without damaging the box?
Flygrain likes this.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: That Koa and Monkeypod wood is simply amazing!
Flygrain likes this.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
These are beautiful.

I'd be afraid of losing one if I used it while fishing. Is there any reasonable way of attaching these to, for example, a zinger, without damaging the box?
I don't see why we couldn't add some type of swivel ring to the box. Maybe secured thru the corner near a hinge. This way if you lost your handle on it and it dropped to the end of your lanyard, the box wouldn't pop open.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:32 PM

oldskewl808 will become famous soon enougholdskewl808 will become famous soon enough

I love my Koa boxes I got from you, but that Monkey Pod came out nice! Good job.
mcnerney likes this.