The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Business Member

Flygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to behold
Default Wood fly boxes for sale!

I have quite a lot of new boxes up for sale.
Some beautiful exotic wood. Some really wonderful domestic wood and some new engraving graphics!

Click the image to open in full size.

I also have a couple "damage discounts" These are boxes that suffered some minor damage during the milling, but since the box is still 100% functional and 100% beautiful, theres no reason for them to keep sitting in my office. I'll post them at the bottom of this listing.

Im going to offer these boxes to NAFF members at 10% off with free shipping!! I'll put them on my site after a couple days at full price, so don't miss out on these hot new boxes!

Just contact me by Private Message, or email me at flygrain@gmail.com tell me you saw it on this forum and give me your username for the discount.

Im going to number these boxes. Simply specify which number you would like to purchase.

These first two are 3x5" African Zebrawood. This is some of the hardest, most amazing wood Ive ever worked with. The grain has a wicked holographic flash when you move it. They both have my highest grade rippled cork inserts.

$75 each

Box #1

Box #2 (Love the cream sapwood on this one!!)

3x5" Marblewood. This is a spectacular S. American wood that looks like a cross between Zebrawood and Bamboo. Bar none the hardest wood I work with. Its unbelievable density finishes as smooth as, well... Marble! This one also has my highest grade, Cherry burl cork inserts $75

Box #3

3x5" Spalted Maple with Rainbow trout engraving and high grade cork. $75

Box #4

3x5" Spalted Maple with Brown trout engraving and high grade cork. $75

Box #5

3x5" Highly figured tiger Maple with Golden Trout engraving and high grade, Cherry burl cork. $75

Box #6

4x6" Maple Burl. This maple has amazing coloration! High grade, burl cork inserts. $85

Box #7

4x6" Figured walnut. I could photograph this box 100 times and not capture its true beauty. The most gorgeous, 2-tone walnut Ive ever seen. VERY special box. Top grade, Walnut burl cork. $90

Box #8 *SOLD*

4x6" Highly figured, Spalted Maple. Standard cork. $75

Box #9

These next few are my newest box design. A beautiful, abstract design modeled after my "Riffle Fly Box", only substantially larger. At nearly 4x6" and quite deep, they can hold a good number of large flies...

This one is a spalted maple body with highly figured Tiger maple lid and twin rainbows engraved. Standard cork. $70

Box #10 *SOLD*

Spalted Maple body with beautiful, highly figured Quilted Maple lid. High grade cork. $60

Box #11

Heres my standard "riffle box". Just shy of 3x5". Black Walnut. High grade cork. $50

Box #12 *SOLD*

Now for the big boy! This is the first of its kind. A very large box of 8.5" x 4.5" x 1.75". This thing has 64 square inches of storage! and nearly 1.25" of interior clearance! Its got 2 sets of magnets and a thumb indent. The wood is extremely high grade spalted maple with a buck Steelhead engraving. Standard cork that has been stained and sealed. This would make a wicked Spey box! $125

Box #13 *SOLD*

Now for the Damage Discount boxes!

This is a 4x6" Purpleheart with standard cork. There is a router check visible in the photo. It is 100% cosmetic and not even easy to see. The outside of the box is flawless. This box would sell pristine for $90. Asking $60

Box #14

mridenour likes this.
facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flygr...0954084?ref=hl

Last edited by Flygrain; 07-18-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Business Member

Flygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to beholdFlygrain is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wood fly boxes for sale!

…Continued…

This one is a 3x5" Spalted maple. Highly figured wood! The wood broke apart on the magnet relief on one side. The magnet is securely epoxied in place and the box functions perfectly. The outside of this box is pristine. This box would sell for $60. Asking $40

Box #15 *SOLD*

I also have this beautiful, collectors Damascus hunting/fishing knife!
First, the specs on the steel…

Guthook Blade Style
9 inches Approximate Overall Length
3.5 inches Approximate Blade Length
5 inches Approximate Handle Length
1.875 inches Widest Part of Blank
4mm (1/8 inch) Thick Approximately
Damascus Construction: 1075 High Carbon and 4340 nickel chromium
Raindrop Damascus Pattern
Over 200 Layers of Damascus Steel
Rockwell Hardness from 58-59

The wood handle is hand made from high grade Maple burl. Ergonomically sculpted and minimized to show off the beautiful etching along the tangs edge. The pins are stainless steel. The engraving is a Valkyrie.

$150

That's it. Thanks for looking!

Jay

Last edited by Flygrain; 07-06-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: I'll take box #11, #12 and #15, I believe that totals $150, let me know if that isn't correct and pass me your PayPal info. These will make excellent door prizes at the Wyoming Casting for Recovery retreat coming up at the end of July.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Business Member

Thank you Larry! I'll message you the PayPal info. Its actually $135 with the members discount

Jay
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Business Member

Just wanted to give this a bump before I publish all these to my website
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: Thanks much for that members discount on the fly boxes!
fredaevans and Flygrain like this.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Business Member

Everything is on my site now, but I will continue to offer the members discount on this collection. (10% off and free shipping) Just contact me as indicated in the original post.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Jay: The fly boxes came in the mail yesterday, the look gorgeous as always, thanks much!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Jay: I forgot to mention that I used one of the Riffle fly boxes (that I bought earlier), the one in Black Walnut for a birthday present this past week. I sure was glad I had a couple of those on hand, that got me out of a real jam. A good friend of ours had a surprise early birthday celebration, his sister was in town and wouldn't be able to attend his real birthday, so they threw a party. I had short notice and didn't have time to tie up enough flies to fill that box, but I had plenty of extras that I tied up over the winter. It looked really cool filled with all the flies, I should have taken a photo before we gave it to him. He was really pleased with it.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:43 PM

stickbow98 is on a distinguished road

Jay,

Received my box today.... Thanks! Beautifully made and the Steelhead graphic looks awesome! (Proud owner of the first "Big Boy"!!!)

Tight lines,
Ron
mcnerney and Flygrain like this.