The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nano Ti Rod from Allen Fly Fishing

Hi Everyone,

Well, its finaly here. After close to year of prototypes and feedback. The Nano Ti rod is finaly here. I added a small photo of the reelseat on my Bog at

Allen Fly Fishing

Will be getting more photos up soon. Please keep checking back on the site.

Thanks again,

Justin
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 AM

gtom61 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nano Ti Rod from Allen Fly Fishing

Hey Justin,

Pretty excited to get mine after talking to you and learning all the last minute tweaks to make them just right. Appreciate the "high" standards you set for your equipment.

Just sent off a PM to you.

Gerry
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gerry, Thanks! they are being wrapped now in Tacoma, WA for me and will be sent out. Also, you should have your reels soon.

Have a good weekend,

Justin
Old 01-17-2011, 01:04 AM

Thanks Justin! Just got back now from my Trinity River trip. I was able to land an 8lb wild Steelhead with my Alpha 7/8 and WF8F Allen fly line! Missed two other hits. I'll send a few pictures tomorrow! Thanks again for the update on the reels and rod.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi gtom61, we want to see your photos too.

Frank
Old 01-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Will do, Frank... I'll post a few when I get home tonight and when i figure out how.

Gerry
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 AM

thanks for the help, Frank... I guess my buddy Dean caught the bigger one. both were wild Steelhead. And for Justin, the last picture shows me with my Alpha 7/8 and Allen WF8F fly line... They worked like a champ and I think my guide already put in his order! Next time, i hope to have my NanoTi rod in the picture!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 PM

Hey Justin,

I wanted to confirm I received my NanoTi rod on Friday, and was able to take it to the casting ponds here for a "test drive" over the weekend. Several folks got to test it out with me and there were nothing but rave reviews! Many were surprised at how light it was. None of them have seen, let alone tried this rod before, so it got a pretty good workout. It was an "all Allen" test drive with an Alpha 5/6 spooled with your green WFF line. I wouldn't be surprised if you started hearing from some of them.

BTW, very classy rod tube...

I couldn't be more pleased and it was worth the wait. As soon as I get a chance to hook into something, i'll report back.

Thanks again.

Gerry
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 AM

hookworm is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review, can't wait to get mine. I plan on having an all Allen setup as well except I have a Trout Reel for the Nano.
Everyone I show ANY Allen products even the fly line are very impressed and then I tell them how much....I might have to become an Allen dealer.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 PM

There ya go, Justin! Hookworm is ready to be an Allen dealer! Heck, i might join him. btw, i also have a Trout 5/7 and love it. And I already have an order in with Justin on the new Green Trout 5/7 which i'll pair with the NanoTi. It'll look sweet! Hookworm, worth the wait...