The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Custom 9' 10wt. 3 pc rod

SOLD (Thanks Cochise) This is a rod I built a couple of years ago to teach a rod building class for adult education at our local High School. I like the rod but don't need another 10 wt. I'm going to list it here for a week or so, at a price to recover my cost for parts. If it does not sell in that time I will list it on e-bay and try and make a little money. I figured I'd give the forum members a shot at it cheaper first. The rod case in the photos, is no longer made and I want to keep that. If yo u feel you really need it we may be able to work that out. The rod sock is included. It is built on a high modulus fairly fast flat black blank. The wood in the handle and seat is Rosewood Burl. The guides are PacBay Illusion. I need $240.00 to cover the cost of parts.
Click the image to open in full size.
The feather inlay is Grey Peacock Pheasant and Jungle Cock.

Last edited by Guest1; 02-16-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Because it's sold
Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM

eatapeach1965 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom 9' 10wt. 3 pc rod

Sweet looking piece of gear there....
Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

That's gorgeous.. Just a wee hair above what she will let me spend...I am close. Going back to work on her.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: That is an impressive piece of art, congrats! I have no idea what I would do with a 10 wt here in Wyoming.

Larry

Old 02-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. It really did turn out nice. I had trouble with the photos, it actually is nicer than it looks here. If I was a little more rich and famous I'd hang on to it. Hey Cochise, if it will help, maybe we can work out a trade for part of it.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Thanks guys. It really did turn out nice. I had trouble with the photos, it actually is nicer than it looks here. If I was a little more rich and famous I'd hang on to it. Hey Cochise, if it will help, maybe we can work out a trade for part of it.
I think I can swing 2 bills...but was not willing to try and haggle with you because you are offering imho a very solid deal...I am a concrete guy and this has been a bad season and winter is on me hard.

I am a bartering man as well.

Thoughts?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful rod DanI love the rod sock with the little embroideryDid you do that yourself too Dan?The next owner will be proud to fish with such a rod.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
I think I can swing 2 bills...but was not willing to try and haggle with you because you are offering imho a very solid deal...I am a concrete guy and this has been a bad season and winter is on me hard.

I am a bartering man as well.

Thoughts?
I hear ya on that winter thing. I could do $200 and a bit of bartering. Send me a PM of what you have in mind. Since you are in the Cement biz, I sure you come across interesting rocks pretty often. You don't find flints, agates, jaspers or cherts ever do you? JP, the lady at the bank does the embroidery, but I sew the socks.
Dan
Click the image to open in full size.( I make arrowheads, only bleed a little doing it.)

Last edited by Guest1; 02-11-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I hear ya on that winter thing. I could do $200 and a bit of bartering. Send me a PM of what you have in mind. Since you are in the Cement biz, I sure you come across interesting rocks pretty often. You don't find flints, agates, jaspers or cherts ever do you? JP, the lady at the bank does the embroidery, but I sew the socks.
Dan
Click the image to open in full size.( I make arrowheads, only bleed a little doing it.)
Wow, great work. You are quite a craftsman and it shows in what you create. I will dig around and see what I have...I need a 10 wt...But I want your 10 wt.

Need any rods? Maybe a sweet little creek rod?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

I've got way to many rods now. If you are on the West Slope, you must have Elk running around there, do you have a couple of old Elk sheds laying around? When I do arrowheads I don't cheat and use steel and copper tools, I use rock and antler like the old time guys. I don't even need the whole antler, just the base and the first 10 or 12 inches.