The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:43 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Arrow NIB Ross and Lamson reels and spools, Scott A2 8wt

I went on a spending spree two summers ago and it's time to thin the herd. Priced to sell and most of this stuff has never been out of the box! I get my camera back on monday so I will be able to post pics then.

Ross Rhythm 3 Reel: New in box with warranty card. $165 shipped

Ross Rhythm 3 Spare Spool: NIB with warranty card $80 shipped

Lamson Velocity size 2: LNIB, spooled with 100 yrds #20 backing. Lawn cast only. $145 shipped.

Lamson Velocity Spare Spool size 2: NIB with warranty card. $80 shipped.

9ft 8wt Scott A2: Bought for a steelhead trip I never took. Practiced on the lawn for a month with it. No flaws whatsoever. Tube and reel sock. Can not find warranty card, but pretty sure I did not send it in. $160 shipped.

Considering selling: Original Teton "Teton" #5 large arbor reel. Have the box and warranty card somewhere in the house. New company has all the parts to service the original. Will entertain offers.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:05 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIB Ross and Lamson reels and spools, Scott A2 8wt

The Ross Rhythm is an excellent reel! I had that size on both a 5 and 6wt rod, with two spools. Something possessed me one day, and I sold the whole deal. You could hammer nails with that reel, but it's not heavy at all.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:54 PM

skgvolkl1 is on a distinguished road

do you have pic's of the lamson reel?....thanks, Shawn
Old 08-12-2011, 01:28 AM

Yes...I'm out of town for work (on a wildland fire assignment) but will get them posted hopefully by the end of the weekend if things continue to calm down here. Thanks for you patience!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:22 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I have an older model Velocity that I use on my 7wt that can stop Steelies with no issues. Doesn't lock up in the snow, freezing rain or when dunked in the winter.

Both of these look reels look like good buys! Good luck.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

What year velocity will that spool fit.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 PM

It's the velocity 1, I 'm not sure what year they redesigned to the velocity II (2008 maybe). It has the hard alox finish. Should have my camera back tomorrow to post pics. Looks exactly like this one...

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 AM

Got the photos of the A2 uploaded to photobucket, should have the rest posted by tonight!

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/b5davis/Fly%20fishing%20gear%20for%20sale/