The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Sage 9' 9wt 4pc Launch

I have a launch for sale for $125.00 shipped to lower 48 excellent condition and can email photos on request.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sage 9' 9wt 4pc Launch

last chance off to the auction site tonight
Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Jim,
How does the action and backbone compare to a TFO TiCr or TiCrX ?

Marco
Old 03-09-2012, 09:12 AM

The action is slower but this is the rod i learned to cast on and it has alot of feel very easy to cast without line watching. I am using a TFO ticrx more than any rod i own and it is much faster and more challenging to cast but it does cast a bit further and has more large fish fighting ability. I dont think it would be easy to learn how to cast with a TICRX but the launch was easy because you can really feel it load with a 9wt line and it does not need overling, it is also very light compared to the Ticrx by almost an ounce i believe. It would probally make a good night fishing rod.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Not a huge fan of the 9wt X but I swear my my TiCr 10wt. I have the Launch in an 8wt, was impressed with the weight. A Striper fisherman can never have enough 9wts... How about a trade? A backup 9wt TiCrX for the launch?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM

I can do a trade of your X is a 4pc?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM

Yes it is. I'll try to post some pics tonight. Are you in NJ or MD?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 AM

Lewes De Just across the bay from Cape May
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 AM

penjak is on a distinguished road

Whats the final verdict on the rod? still for sale? Here or ebay? or did you work out trade?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:20 PM

Still for sale here I have not heard from Swirlchaser since friday