The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 04:42 AM

sobotkg is on a distinguished road
Default Advice for pricing - 9'6" 8wt Sage Graphite III

So I know this is an older rod (obviously). It has been sitting in my uncles garage for years - Brand new, never been used. Ever.

He gave it to me to trade or sell so that I could buy a new rod for an upcoming fishing trip.

I have no idea how to price it, as there is nothing to really compare it to. I also do not know WHERE to sell it as I have never sold a fly rod over the internet and craigslist seems like a bad idea for this rod. Any ideas? recommendations for price?Is there a community out there that likes this rod and would be interested? I included information below.

8wt 9'6", Model 896-4 RPL+ (Graphite III )
Old 07-28-2012, 06:13 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice for pricing - 9'6" 8wt Sage Graphite III

On ebay when you list an item there is an option to compare your listed item with similar items that have sold recently so you can see what they sold for before you list it as an auction or set a price for someone to "buy it now".

For example; there is a Sage Graphite III RPL+ 10' 10wt listed right now for $200.00 SAGE Fly Rod by G.Anderson 3 piece, 10', Graphite III RPL+ | eBay

OR, you could post some pictures here and throw a price on it. Someone will buy it.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:57 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

That Anderson, if in good condition, is going to be a very nice rod. Before designing his own rods, Gary built his customs off of the Sage line.
fae
Old 07-29-2012, 02:43 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Since it is brand new, never been used I feel like it is worth 250, is that an unfair price?
Old 07-29-2012, 06:49 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful rod and good deal IMO. I'd be tempted myself but I'm all set for 8 and 9wt category rods.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:08 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I own that model rod, and like it very, very much. It was unused when I purchased it earlier this year for $275. I watch RPL+ rods closely on auction sites, and that is about what one should expect to pay/receive for that rod.
Gary
Old 07-29-2012, 09:52 PM

Has everybody had good experience selling on this site? I have not sold anything on a forum before. How does it work on here? I would like to sell it, just give my number and address and talk on the phone or?