The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM

fredy is on a distinguished road
Default Sold!

SOLD!

Hello,

I am selling my lightly used Fishpond High Country Tech Pack.
The pack is in excellent condition, no rips, no tears, and the zippers are in perfect condition. All the original straps are included. The foam fly patch is used but in good condition. I don't use it anymore so it has to go.

Asking $120 shipped in Conti Us

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's a description copied from BassPro;

Fishpond Fishpond® High Country Tech Pack
Delivering unbeatable versatility, Fishpond's High Country Tech Pack combines a large, full-featured Windwalker chestpack with a compact, large capacity backpack. The two packs can be worn together or separately, allowing you to decide how much gear to carry. The High Country Tech Pack’s chestpack is Fishpond's popular, low-profile Windwalker chestpack. Made from lightweight, waterproof and breathable fabric, the High Country Tech Pack's chestpack features two main storage compartments and three interior organization pockets. Padded air mesh back with accent pods provide all-day comfort, and two padded neck straps permit the chestpack to be used as stand-alone chestpack or sling bag. Made from lightweight, waterproof fabric, the High Country Tech Pack backpack's contoured shoulder straps and adjustable waist straps provide carrying comfort and load control. The backpack’s two large cargo compartments, expandable main cargo compartment and three interior stash pockets provide anglers with loads of storage space. The backpack has two external web loops for gear attachment and a net lash. Color: Cottonwood. Imported. Chestpack features: Low-profile design with expandable main pocket Lightweight, waterproof and breathable fabric Docks with backpack Two main storage compartments Three interior pockets Zip down fly bench with replaceable foam Patented molded pocket design Backpack features:Lightweight, waterproof and breathable fabric Padded, contoured shoulder straps Adjustable sternum, waist and shoulder straps Two large backpack cargo compartments Expandable main cargo compartment Thee interior stash pockets Padded air mesh back

Thanks,
Fredy

Last edited by fredy; 11-19-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: sold!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Default Re: F/S Fishpond High Country Tech Pack Chest Pack

Pack is still available.

Fredy
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 PM

Bump.

Still for sale.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fredy, what do you not like about this pack? Personally, I've tried some chest packs and can't deal with the bulk. But I like this back pack. Be honest.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 AM

dean_mt,

Honestly what i have been doing over the past year is forcing myself to downsize. I have been wearing vests for years and always had them stuffed to brim. Last year I purchased a Fishpond Gore range tech vest (I sold it on here last month) A few of my buddies were wearing chest packs like th done I am selling just in different colors. So I figured why not… LOVED IT! It forced me to carry less **** that I really did not to bring with me. So one of my buddies purchased a Fishpond SanJuan chest pack and that got me thinking some more I ended up buying the Fishpond Piney Creek Tech PAck. So I have been down sizing to say the least

The pack is great, really no cons. I found the back pack to be a perfect size not to bulky or to small. My Brodin was easy to hang and and easy to reach. The chest pack was great with plenty of room for necessary gear. I used the fly patch for streamers and kept two fly boxes (large C&F) in the main compartment. In the second compartment I kept tippets, lead, indicators, etc…
There is a large zipper that can be opened to expand the lager compartment, never used. I liked the fact that the back of the pack where it lays on your chest has a pocket also, that's where I kept my camera and cell phone tethered to the loop just above it.

I'm loving the Piney Creek except for a couple of things; The back pack is larger and bulky than the one I am selling here. I really prefer the smaller back pack on the High Country Tech Pack. It's a bit of a pain the arse to clip the buckles on to Piney Creek back back when I am putting it on, the High Country was much easier to put on.

I hope that answers your question. really just a matter of forcing my self to downsize and limit what i am bringing with me.

Thanks,
Fredy
Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, Fredy. I feel you pain. I looked at hard at every FP pack they make trying to decide which way to go when I was replacing my FP waist pack. Then I decided on the Patagonia Sling!

I emailed FP and asked them why they do not sell the back and chest packs as separates...I got a reply but not a good answer. It was probably the final decision in NOT buy one of their packs...the fact that the chest style I wanted (I like the Piney a lot) is sold with the big back packs I do not want. I just don't get why they don't standardize the attachment clip and sell the chest and back packs separately.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 AM

Actually that's how I bought this pack as individual pieces. First I got the chest pack and then I found the back pack for it. The clips on this Chest pack (High Country) work with all of the back packs except the Piney and the Tundra which are new for 2012 I believe.

It was a hard decision to buy the Piney since I really liked the High Country chest pack. But I want to go down the minimalist road but find myself stuffing stuff in my waders…LOL!

It's gotta go since I have so much stuff, I need to make room for more :roll eyes:

It's a good deal for who ever buys it. I think they retail for $180.00.
The pack is practically new.

Fredy
Old 11-03-2012, 11:03 AM

I don't know how you define "minimalist" with that 800cu in. back pack...I'd hate to see what you used to carry around!

Seriously though, the sling packs are great at carrying what you need and nothing that you don't.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:16 AM

This is a good conversation, it might help some one decide.

LOL! I only use the back pack when doing a day long trek and pack my lunch, water, and any extra clothing/jacket I may need. Typically I only use the chest pack.

I tried the slings. They got in the way more than anything and deep wading sucked since they would get water logged I felt limited with having to move it around all the time. The Chest pack was always in front and worked great as an arm rest when tying stuff up.

Actually the High Country can be worn as a sling too for those interested. It comes with two different sized neck/shoulder straps. I only wore it as a chest pack.

Fredy
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM

Pack is still available. A lot of interest but no takers yet.

Fredy