The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 PM

cptxkirk will become famous soon enoughcptxkirk will become famous soon enough
Default WTS -- Sage Response 590-4

Sage recently came out with the Sage Response to replace the Sage Flight. I have fished it, and enjoyed it, but purchased a LOOP rod that is more my style of rod. I just am starting to thin out my collection and find the style of rod that I want to have more then anything else. So I am selling this rod!

It comes with the Cordura Rod tube, Rod, and Warranty Card (blank)! The rod retails for 395$ and I am looking to get 300$ including shipping to the lower 48 states. Paypal only please. If you are interested I will be around and will get back to you ASAP. Thanks for looking.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 PM

I'm willing to accept offers if anyone is interested!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:14 PM

Default Re: WTS -- Sage Response 590-4

I'm getting no interest, so if I don't hear from anyone I will throw this onto ebay later tonight. Let me know!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Interested, but the BVK is still cheaper... Looking for a packable backup rod, and the BVK is about $225. Not sure how the Rssponse stacks up against it, but interested to find out... Any thoughts? Have you fished a BVK 590 as well?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 AM

I have fished the 590 BVK, and actually I owned one for a short period of time. I like fast rods, and the BVK is fast. The Sage Response is labeled as fast as well, but nowhere near as fast as the BVK. I just couldn't feel the BVK load, and it just didn't do it for me. I have also been told I am not very normal in what I am looking for in rods.

It really depends on what your plan for the rod is? If you plan on throwing heavy nymph rigs ie: indicator, 2/3 tungsten nymphs and splitshot go with the BVK. However if you're looking to throw small streamers, hopper dropper, indicator/2nymph rigs, or dries go with the Sage.

I have no issue with the BVK and like it in a 7wt or heavier, but the smaller rods just disappointed me. If you ever had a chance to cast the Sage Flight its the closest comparison I have for you.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

I'm actually going hunting tomorrow with a buddy who I happen to know owns a Flight, I'll see if he'll bring it along and I can give 'er a test. I"ll get back to you... I'd heard the same about BVKs being too stiff in the 5, I have a 7 and love it for what I use it for, but I have a 599 to throw the heavy stuff as far as nymph rigs go.

Really just want an all-around for a backup on trips where I have to fly. God forbid something should happen to my Z Axis while on a trip, but I need to be prepared and most of my 5 wts. are my old 2-piecers, and I don't like to travel with them
Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM

Let me know
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM

Sold!!!!!!!!