The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:51 PM

cptxkirk will become famous soon enoughcptxkirk will become famous soon enough
Default WTB- 5wt Switch?

Im extremely interested in purchasing a 5wt switch rod, however I find myself in a pickle. I can get a SAGE ONE switch for the same price as purchasing a brand new TFO Deer Creek series or Redington Prospector series. I just am unsure of how much I will like this kind of fishing so I am unsure if I should spend all that money on a new setup. So I was curious if anyone is looking to part ways with an 11ft of 11ft6in 5wt switch rod for relatively cheap. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: WTB- 5wt Switch?

Buy the best rod you can afford, if you like it its money well spent as you don't have spend more money to upgrade later. If you don't like it you can always recoup most of your money by selling it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:18 PM

ramset is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTB- 5wt Switch?

Speaking from experience= I started w/ a used z axis 5110 and an AF skagit switch (360 gr) head. Cast nicely, but wasn't the best to learn on. The action was too fast for me. I sold it and the line and got the deer creek 4110 paired w/ a wulff ambush, and man, was this night and day. This rod bends down to the cork, much more feel and fun for the fishing I do (swinging for browns mostly, and DD nymphs). Woulda saved $ and time just getting the DC. I've heard the sage one is aimed for good casters. I've been FF for 2 decades, and only after 2 solid years have I been able to feel comfortable spey casting. Took me awhile but the TFO absolutely helped. My .02