The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default WTB - Sage 504/504L

Looking for a Sage 504/504L fly reel. Must be in good shape.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WTB - Sage 504/504L

Still looking for a 504/504L. Also looking for a 505 and a 503/503L.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
Still looking for a 504/504L. Also looking for a 505 and a 503/503L.
Did you find any of these? I just saw your post on the Reel Love thread, I want one of these for my SPL! There is a 505L on ebay currently, $500!

Let me ask you, what's the difference in the reels with the "L" designation?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

The L is for "light"; the L reels have vented reel bodies. There was a vintage reel site that had some for sale a year ago; I'll post a link if I can find it. A sweet 506 just sold last week on ebay for $135.00.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:18 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Did you find any of these? I just saw your post on the Reel Love thread, I want one of these for my SPL! There is a 505L on ebay currently, $500!

I just scored that very 505L, I didn't pay 500 for it either. Pics on arrival, I'm pretty excited.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

Yes, I have a couple each of the 504L's and 505L's. On the hunt for 504 and 505's without the L designation.

As has been mentioned, the L's have porting on the rear of the frame. Those without the L designation have a solid back frame.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

You have likely seen it, you may be a bidder.... But there is a mint, in the box, Sage 505 on the eBay. Very cool and good luck to the bidders!