The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about
Default Looking for 4wt

Im looking for a 4wt sub $90. As long as its not under 6'6" or over 9'. I would prefer a moderate action but im not picky. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:35 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Looking for 4wt

You should be able to find a Redington CT in 4wt, 8'6"-9'.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

The CT and Carbon are both nice rods. Both are being discounted for the updated versions.
Fly Rods
Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this outfit. I know it sounds and looks cheap, but it is quality and fits the specs you are after, plus the price can't be beat. I've purchased two of these in 5wt for a nephew and a son and my son just raves about it.

Cabela's: Cabela's Cahill Fly Rod and Reel Outfit

Plus, you get a reel loaded with backing, fly line and leader.

Kelly.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:12 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
Try this outfit. I know it sounds and looks cheap, but it is quality and fits the specs you are after, plus the price can't be beat. I've purchased two of these in 5wt for a nephew and a son and my son just raves about it.

Cabela's: Cabela's Cahill Fly Rod and Reel Outfit

Plus, you get a reel loaded with backing, fly line and leader.

Kelly.
That's another good option if you want a combo. I bought one for my grandson.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

+1 for the redington classic trout.
outstanding rod for the price.
for 10.00 more you could go with the new allen compass rod
Compass Rod Series - Allen Fly Fishing Store

casey

ARFE
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

I really like the looks of that echo carbon! Have any of you had a chance to cast it? My primary 4wt is a St. Croix imperial, but want a backup.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

they're are a few forum members, including myself, that have had good luck with lacrosse fly rods. this one would be a fine backup
New Lacrosse Custom Rods Axis II Fly Rod 7 5ft 4wt 2pc | eBay

casey

ARFE
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 PM

I like that Lacrosse, but it not being a 4wt would make it hard for me to pack on some backcountry trips i take
The echo is pretty convincing...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM

it is a 4 wt. but not a 4 piece....my bad

ARFE