The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pete a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default Allen Alpha 2 size 9/10

i have a green allen alpha 2 size 9/10. It is very lightly used. doesnt see any use due to the Kraken. It is spooled with an extremely lightly used cortland liquid crystal 9 weight. 130 shipped.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice
Default Re: Allen Alpha 2 size 9/10

Don't mean to ruin your chances here but the Alpha 2's are currently on closeout on Allen's website for $99.99. Just letting you know because you might want to lower the price.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Nick;

That is not completely accurate, they have none of the #4's left (either color) and were more than $99.99 on special (the $99 price is only for the #3).

That Cortland Liquid Crystal is a very very nice line that goes for $80 plus any backing he may have added. I have it on an 8wt & it just loves distance.

Both the reel and line from seperate laces would probably add $15-20 shipping. So to me the price is pretty darn fair.

IMHO posts about the price level should be on PM to the seller don't you think?

Pete A
grassonfly likes this.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:18 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Then it would seem the price is fair. Although, I don't agree necessarily with the PM to seller. While I see it from your perspective, had I been right, it would be in everyone's best interest to have it publicly visible. I'm sure you would want to know if you we're planning on buying something from the classifieds that was cheaper online.

I apologize for putting this post in a darker light, I really do, but I believe it's in everyone's best interest.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

thats a nice reel and some nice line at a good price.
some pics would help in selling it for sure!

casey

ARFE
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

pics are in your email.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 AM

pjcalla is on a distinguished road

I sent you a pm, but not sure if you got it, since it didn't go into my "sent" folder of my pm box. I guess I need more post, maybe? I'm headed to Islamorada in April, and need a new setup. This looks to be a good start. If you can send me some pics on here somehow, that would be great, if not, please send them to my email pjcalla [at] msn [dot] com. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 PM

both emails sent