The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/)
-   -   Looking for a rod tube (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/314125-looking-rod-tube.html)

fly_guy12955 03-19-2013 09:32 PM

Looking for a rod tube

I am looking for a rod tube,,for 4pc , 9ft rods at least. MY BVK as you know, didn't come with one. I keep it in one of my travel cases now but need a tube about locking the rods in the safe. It doesn't have to be new...just in decent shape. I could care less what it says on the outside,,,I'll tag it anyways.
If ya have one reasonable, let me know , OK ?

Michael

fishiowa 03-20-2013 05:18 AM

Re: Looking for a rod tube

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 (Post 538667)
I am looking for a rod tube,,for 4pc , 9ft rods at least. MY BVK as you know, didn't come with one. I keep it in one of my travel cases now but need a tube about locking the rods in the safe. It doesn't have to be new...just in decent shape. I could care less what it says on the outside,,,I'll tag it anyways.
If ya have one reasonable, let me know , OK ?

Michael

Considering the cost to ship one, I think this is a pretty good deal since it includes free shipping.
Redington Fly Rod Tubes : AvidMaxOutfitters.com

Rich

noreaster 03-20-2013 05:47 AM

You could make on yourself pretty easily. PVC pipe is cheap, a little foam on the inside covers. Might not be snappy looking but it would work.

mysticm 03-20-2013 11:04 AM

Here you go....didn't expect SEARS carried the TFO Triangular tubes but the following link says they do...

Temple Fork Outfitters Temple Fork Outfitters Triangle Rod Cases TF RCT 9/4 (9' 0"/4 pc. rods) - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Fishing Accessories

If you want to build one your self, get Acrylic tubing from US plastics and cut one to your dimensions. They also sell end caps that fit perfectly. I build several of these for use when I go on backcountry camping / fishing trips. The end result is a very strong clear tube which weights very less. Its amazing how heavy the OEM rod tubes can be. If I recall, my net cost was ~ $5 or less. I threw on some nice stickers (Lamson, SAGE, TU etc) to add some bling :)

fredaevans 03-20-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishiowa (Post 538740)
Considering the cost to ship one, I think this is a pretty good deal since it includes free shipping.
Redington Fly Rod Tubes : AvidMaxOutfitters.com

Rich

You're right Rich, that is a heck of a good deal.

fae

theboz 03-20-2013 03:39 PM

Cabelas has one and two 4 pc rod tubes for a very good price! I have 2 BVKs so I feel your pain!

planettrout 03-20-2013 03:52 PM

Been using these for years...

Aluminum Tubes

PT/TB ;)

FrankB2 03-20-2013 04:33 PM

I made some pvc tubes for one-piece spinning rods, and they look awful. There are cordura and aluminum tubes that are available at very reasonable prices. LL Bean sells tubes, and they don't charge for shipping. ;)

robbf213 03-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticm (Post 538833)
Here you go....didn't expect SEARS carried the TFO Triangular tubes but the following link says they do...

Temple Fork Outfitters Temple Fork Outfitters Triangle Rod Cases TF RCT 9/4 (9' 0"/4 pc. rods) - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Fishing Accessories

If you want to build one your self, get Acrylic tubing from US plastics and cut one to your dimensions. They also sell end caps that fit perfectly. I build several of these for use when I go on backcountry camping / fishing trips. The end result is a very strong clear tube which weights very less. Its amazing how heavy the OEM rod tubes can be. If I recall, my net cost was ~ $5 or less. I threw on some nice stickers (Lamson, SAGE, TU etc) to add some bling :)

Thanks for the link. I never thought of Sears before, I bought one.