The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Looking for a rod tube

I am looking for a rod tube,,for 4pc , 9ft rods at least. MY BVK as you know, didn't come with one. I keep it in one of my travel cases now but need a tube about locking the rods in the safe. It doesn't have to be new...just in decent shape. I could care less what it says on the outside,,,I'll tag it anyways.
If ya have one reasonable, let me know , OK ?

Michael
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Looking for a rod tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
I am looking for a rod tube,,for 4pc , 9ft rods at least. MY BVK as you know, didn't come with one. I keep it in one of my travel cases now but need a tube about locking the rods in the safe. It doesn't have to be new...just in decent shape. I could care less what it says on the outside,,,I'll tag it anyways.
If ya have one reasonable, let me know , OK ?

Michael
Considering the cost to ship one, I think this is a pretty good deal since it includes free shipping.
Redington Fly Rod Tubes : AvidMaxOutfitters.com

Rich
Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

You could make on yourself pretty easily. PVC pipe is cheap, a little foam on the inside covers. Might not be snappy looking but it would work.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Here you go....didn't expect SEARS carried the TFO Triangular tubes but the following link says they do...

Temple Fork Outfitters Temple Fork Outfitters Triangle Rod Cases TF RCT 9/4 (9' 0"/4 pc. rods) - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Fishing Accessories

If you want to build one your self, get Acrylic tubing from US plastics and cut one to your dimensions. They also sell end caps that fit perfectly. I build several of these for use when I go on backcountry camping / fishing trips. The end result is a very strong clear tube which weights very less. Its amazing how heavy the OEM rod tubes can be. If I recall, my net cost was ~ $5 or less. I threw on some nice stickers (Lamson, SAGE, TU etc) to add some bling
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
Considering the cost to ship one, I think this is a pretty good deal since it includes free shipping.
Redington Fly Rod Tubes : AvidMaxOutfitters.com

Rich
You're right Rich, that is a heck of a good deal.

fae
Old 03-20-2013, 04:39 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Cabelas has one and two 4 pc rod tubes for a very good price! I have 2 BVKs so I feel your pain!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-20-2013, 04:52 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Been using these for years...

Aluminum Tubes

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 03-20-2013, 05:33 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I made some pvc tubes for one-piece spinning rods, and they look awful. There are cordura and aluminum tubes that are available at very reasonable prices. LL Bean sells tubes, and they don't charge for shipping.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM

robbf213 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticm View Post
Here you go....didn't expect SEARS carried the TFO Triangular tubes but the following link says they do...

Temple Fork Outfitters Temple Fork Outfitters Triangle Rod Cases TF RCT 9/4 (9' 0"/4 pc. rods) - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Fishing Accessories

If you want to build one your self, get Acrylic tubing from US plastics and cut one to your dimensions. They also sell end caps that fit perfectly. I build several of these for use when I go on backcountry camping / fishing trips. The end result is a very strong clear tube which weights very less. Its amazing how heavy the OEM rod tubes can be. If I recall, my net cost was ~ $5 or less. I threw on some nice stickers (Lamson, SAGE, TU etc) to add some bling
Thanks for the link. I never thought of Sears before, I bought one.