The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By mtowner23
  • 3 Post By sageandonion
  • 2 Post By woodrivertroutbum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM

mtowner23 is on a distinguished road
Default FS: Lamson Guru 1.5 and 3.0 reels

I have a Lamson Guru 3.0 reel for 7/8 weight line that I would like to sell. It's new/never been used and comes with the pouch. I'd like to get $180 with standard US shipping included.

Click the image to open in full size.

I also have a 1.5 Guru for 3/4 weight line reel for $170 shipped.

Click the image to open in full size.

Both of these reels can be used as either right or left hand retrieve.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM

busterwants2fish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FS: Lamson Guru 1.5 and 3.0 reels

Hello, I am interested in the 3.0. I need a good reel for my 10 ft. 6 wt but i am on a pretty strict budget. Are you willing to budge on that price? I was thinking closer to 150? Thank you
Old 08-08-2013, 05:57 PM

I'm sorry but the reels are both sold.

I stopped coming to this website when the classified section was limited to only members with over 100 posts. I've been browsing posts here for well over a year, but don't post unless I have questions and 100 questions is going to take me forever to get to.

Best of luck to this website, but the classified sections of almost any forum are what draw most people in.
spnyfish and loomiscaster like this.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned

chipgerrard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtowner23 View Post
I'm sorry but the reels are both sold.

I stopped coming to this website when the classified section was limited to only members with over 100 posts. I've been browsing posts here for well over a year, but don't post unless I have questions and 100 questions is going to take me forever to get to.

Best of luck to this website, but the classified sections of almost any forum are what draw most people in.
Well said. That and posting pictures are the only 2 downsides to this site.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 AM

sageandonion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If classified ads are the primary reason for someone joining a fly fishing forum then it's drawing in the wrong sort of people... the ones that sign up, contribute nothing, advertise their goods and then disappear without a trace, leaving the buyer empty handed and broke!

As a newcomer to this site, I have no objection to the 100 posts rule. I'm here to exchange views on something I love and not for monetary gain.
fysh, woodrivertroutbum and cavdvr like this.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageandonion View Post
If classified ads are the primary reason for someone joining a fly fishing forum then it's drawing in the wrong sort of people... the ones that sign up, contribute nothing, advertise their goods and then disappear without a trace, leaving the buyer empty handed and broke!
I would agree that if you come here only to sell, then yes, that's a bad reason to join, but I bet there are hundreds of members on this site and others that have been members for years, answer if they have something that's actually worthwhile to say and are quiet for 99% of the posts they read. I buy, sell and trade gear on a regular basis and it's not always a money maker. Usually it's moving gear that I don't use whether a trade or a direct sale. The scumbags that try to sell stuff that is broke or damaged and try to pass it off as good, working condition shouldn't be allowed to sell. That's why ebay and paypal have buyer protection. There are a lot of other ways to go about this than just a 100 post limit.

I'm not here to $%&@ and moan, but don't say something that generalizes everyone being the same way. I've learned 50% of what I know from browsing fly fishing forums and yet you could probably add up all my posts from the 4-5 fishing forums I am part of and I probably still won't hit 100.

Monetary gain generally means MAKING money, not selling something for less than you bought it for, regardless of use.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:04 AM

sageandonion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... don't say something that generalizes everyone being the same way.
Don't take it personally! I'm only generalizing because that's the way the Forum admin sees it - we're all guilty until proven innocent. You can thank the unscrupulous for the 100 post limit, but don't blame me for being perfectly comfortable with it.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:20 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
. That's why ebay and paypal have buyer protection. There are a lot of other ways to go about this than just a 100 post limit.
There is no need, because this is not an auction or retail site. It is a forum where people come to learn, share what they know and post pictures so the rest of us can enjoy fishing all over the world through their reports and photos.

If someone only wants to join to buy or sell, they can feel free to check out Craigslist or eBay.
winxp_man and sageandonion like this.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM

fearnofishbob will become famous soon enoughfearnofishbob will become famous soon enough

I agree with mtowner23...... "Maybe" someday I'll get 100 post...... hope I'm not too old to care..........