The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By jpbfly
  • 3 Post By ted4887
  • 1 Post By wannafish
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 1 Post By jpbfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Lightbulb Managing Your Classified Sales Here;

This information will prove helpful to people as they scan our Classified Sales threads.

You as a seller would be doing a good thing when you have a confirmed payment and the item is sold to:

1. Go to your original post

2 Go to the bottom right area of the post and click edit

3. When the edit window opens look to the same area below the text window and chose 'Go Advanced'

4. When the advanced edit window opens scroll down a bit and look for the words "No Prefix" click the arrow on the box to drop down a menu and then select 'Sold'.

5. Scroll to the bottom of the edit window and select 'Save Changes'

6. You have just become a responsible seller by notifying all who see the listing that your item has been sold.

You may also chose to delete the entire listing while in the Advanced window, this will go a long ways toward cleaning up the classifieds. I see a ton of listings that say, 'Sold please remove', honestly I don't have time to read through all these threads to see what is sold and needs to be removed. If you at least mark the thread as Sold with the prefix as I outlined above, I can delete the threads in bunches rather than one at a time.

Thank You very much for helping to make browsing the ad's easier and the forum a better place to shop classifieds.

Ard
imxer, fysh, hairwing530 and 2 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-06-2013, 05:02 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Managing Your Classified Sales Here;

THANK YOU ARD!

I posted up almost the exact same info and caught a rash of ship for doing same on another site. (Ard posts there on a regular basis.) Given the number of rods/reels/etc., bought and sold, I recommended the post be altered ('sold' indication) but the post not be removed.

The why of that is your looking at buying 'something,' or selling as the case may be. What's the history (price) of the 'something' in pre-buy/sells?

Information is 'King' and keeps folks from making silly exchanges. Ever read a "I bought it, but I was ripped off" type of post?

On very good boards, like this one, probably very rare, but it happens. My 'clue' to do I want to go there? Seller's previous posting history. Viable content or pure pap?

I'll leave it at that ...
fae
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Managing Your Classified Sales Here;

Started a little house cleaning....please tell us if your items are sold helpful to members but also to moderators ....to make a little room ...thanks
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:40 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

It's interesting that you posted this today, because I had been meaning to email a mod about this anyways.

I actually don't have a prefix link in my advanced editing area. Is that a board glitch, or something wrong on my end? I used to be able to change the prefix, just not anymore.

Here is a screen clip so you see that I'm not too crazy.

Click the image to open in full size.
Hardyreels, jaybo41 and wannafish like this.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:08 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Same problem here; I need to be responsible too
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
It's interesting that you posted this today, because I had been meaning to email a mod about this anyways.

I actually don't have a prefix link in my advanced editing area. Is that a board glitch, or something wrong on my end? I used to be able to change the prefix, just not anymore.

Here is a screen clip so you see that I'm not too crazy.

Click the image to open in full size.
Same thing on my end. I have tried this before only to be unsuccessful every time. I can mark items as sold in the body of my post, but it never displays on the main classifieds page.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:33 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yep, same here
i go into edit and mark the item as sold then go into advanced and mark the item sold in the title.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

OK,

I can see the problem, I'll inquire about why there is no prefix box displayed on the pages.

In the meantime we (moderators) will begin the grim task of snooping through the listings and changing those that need to be marked 'Sold'.

Thanks for the feedback,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
yep, same here
i go into edit and mark the item as sold then go into advanced and mark the item sold in the title.

casey
...sold in the title is enough....it'll help us.
fredaevans likes this.

Last edited by jpbfly; 04-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:58 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
...sold in the title is enough....it'll help us.
Excellent!

Ard, just got (mentally registered) the topic in your PM.
Fred