The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Sold

I am posting my Greys Streamflex 10' 2wt rod. I used this rod for Czech style nymphing and it has been great. I am selling it because I need a new 9wt and this is my least used rod. It is one of my favorites to fish but I will probably only use it in the winter since I fish saltwater the rest of the year.

Rod is in fantastic shape, cork is a little off color but not bad at all and could probably be easily cleaned.

The rod is a 2wt so it is a blast with smaller fish but it also has the backbone to fight decent fish in fairly fast current. I have caught fish 17" in fast water and had no problem getting them to net in a timely manner.

The rod comes with the tube (these rods don't have a sock, the tube has cloth dividers inside it which I love) which is also in great shape. $255 and I will cover paypal fees and shipping to the lower 48.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by woodrivertroutbum; 04-27-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 AM

dpenrod is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greys XF2 Streamflex 10' 2wt

sent you a p.m.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

PM returned, thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM

$240 shipped to lower 48. I will ship international but the buyer will be responsible for the shipping costs.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 AM

alexs will become famous soon enough

Check your PM...
Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

What type of 9wts are you considering? I may have one to spare and I don't have a 10' 2wt yet...
Old 04-27-2013, 11:16 AM

Rod sold last night, sorry I wasn't able to edit the post right away. I was busy catching stripers :-p I will probably go with an Echo 3 buy might check out a Helios or Bears Den might have a Hydros laying around I may try casting.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
Rod sold last night, sorry I wasn't able to edit the post right away. I was busy catching stripers :-p I will probably go with an Echo 3 buy might check out a Helios or Bears Den might have a Hydros laying around I may try casting.
Late last season I picked up the BVK 10wt. I paired it with a Rio Outbound line. I can't even begin to describe how it shoots and how light it is (lighter than any of my 9's). If you get a chance to cast that setup I would strongly recommend you do.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 04-27-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Late last season I picked up the BVK 10wt. I paired it with a Rio Outbound line. I can't even begin to describe how it shoots and how light it is (lighter than any of my 9's). If you get a chance to cast that setup I would strongly recommend you do.
Thanks! I actually like TFO rods too, I will definitely check that out. I have 4 Outbound shorts coming in, if it launches better with the standard Outbound I can always exchange 2 of them. TicrX is another one I may cast with the same line. I think the BVK is hard to beat for the money and I know they match with Lamson reels nicely. My buddy Ian got a 9wt BVK and Lamson Litespeed last year for his clients to use and he says it is sweeeeeet.

I tried changing the title of the thread to sold, doesn't seem to be working.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
Thanks! I actually like TFO rods too, I will definitely check that out. I have 4 Outbound shorts coming in, if it launches better with the standard Outbound I can always exchange 2 of them. TicrX is another one I may cast with the same line. I think the BVK is hard to beat for the money and I know they match with Lamson reels nicely. My buddy Ian got a 9wt BVK and Lamson Litespeed last year for his clients to use and he says it is sweeeeeet.

I tried changing the title of the thread to sold, doesn't seem to be working.
I have the TiCr and the TiCrX both in 9wts. They've been retired since the I got the BVK. They're both good rods but very fast, especially the TiCr and the BVK 10wt is lighter than both. The short head should shoot just fine, the Outbound isn't much of a "presentation" line but it's the best line for the surf that I've used so far. And I've used the Orvis, the 40+, the Rio Striper line plus tons of others that never made it past the first trip. I would +1 on the lines for both TiCr's, the BVK is true to it's rating.