Abel, Ross, Orvis, Sage...wife is going to kill me sale :)

mysticm

Reaction score
This past week-end I decided to inventory all my gear and made the mistake of involving my wife in the event. Suffice to say, I have to get rid of a lot of things if I am to maintain sanity in the house (hers not mine :) )

Prices are PP and shipped CONUS

Abel Clear Creek 2 Large Arbor ported spool with solid back: Perfect condition except for a couple of hairline scratches in the back (very tough to see unless you look really close and in the correct light). I fished it once on a graphite rod. Comes in the original Nylon reel case, I searched but could not locate the blank warranty card. $195...NEW PRICE $180 because of the very minor 'use'

White River Classic 7/8 Reel: Perfect condition, it may have a pin sized mark or two but I cannot find it w/o a magnifier. I used it once with my 8wt rod for a Steelhead trip. Fully machined in Korea & reliable / smooth disc drag. If you can look past the 'brand', this is a super reel. Comes in original box. $55....NEW PRICE $45

Orvis Superfine Trout Bum Edition 7.5', 4piece, 4wt, Tip Flex: Decided to keep the rod, it fits my casting stroke so well that I would have regretted selling it.

SAGE Performance Nymph Taper WF4F Fly Line : Fished for a season (4-5 trips), no cracks, always cleaned and dressed after each outing. Comes in original box. $25 NEW PRICE $20

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:

axle27

Reaction score
Have we learned our lesson now? NEVER involve the wife in inventory...LOL. Now, to make things even (and I"m all about balance), you get to assist her in doing inventory of her shoes. Seems fair, right?

PM sent.

jslo

Reaction score
Have we learned our lesson now? NEVER involve the wife in inventory...LOL. Now, to make things even (and I"m all about balance), you get to assist her in doing inventory of her shoes. Seems fair, right?

PM sent.
lol :D too funny

billyspey

Reaction score
You getting her a new ring with the money.Wife ask me once ,How much money do you have in all your fishing gear ? My reply, none of your business. It did not keep you from having a ring on ever finger.. Every time delivery man drops a package at the door ( I hear .more fishing gear) no darling it al business.

mysticm

Reaction score
She likes the ring I got her when we got married, so no new one needed :) I plan to invest whatever I get into the vacation pot....The only thing my wife 'wants' is more time away from work for both of us with the kids. We are blessed with great careers but the downside is lack of free time during the day to spend with the children. So any time off spent together is the best reward (even more than shoes or other bling)

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
In a edition of Outdoor Life ,,,from years ago, the Great Oracle, Pat McMannis had a story called 'Gun Running'....could just as easily be applied to any outdoor gear. IF you could possibly find this,,,it's GREAT.

It changed my life, saved my marriage and made life worth-while.

Thanks PAT !! :)

hooked1

Reaction score
Not old but getting on in life a bit,my wife said,"if you ever die before me I would not know what to do with all my Man stuff".So over the course of a couple of months I made a list and it worth of whatever I could think of and gave it to my best friend.She asked why and I told her if she knew what I spent she would kill me herself. Never spoke of it again . LOL

Scott

Meatco1

Reaction score
Your Superfine has received my interest, as I'm enjoying my 7' fullflex way too much. Maybe the tipflex would be just as much fun!!

PM sent.

Respects,
Richard

Last edited: