The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:22 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Abel, Ross, Orvis, Sage...wife is going to kill me sale :)

This past week-end I decided to inventory all my gear and made the mistake of involving my wife in the event. Suffice to say, I have to get rid of a lot of things if I am to maintain sanity in the house (hers not mine )

Prices are PP and shipped CONUS

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Abel Clear Creek 2 Large Arbor ported spool with solid back: Perfect condition except for a couple of hairline scratches in the back (very tough to see unless you look really close and in the correct light). I fished it once on a graphite rod. Comes in the original Nylon reel case, I searched but could not locate the blank warranty card. $195...NEW PRICE $180 because of the very minor 'use'

White River Classic 7/8 Reel: Perfect condition, it may have a pin sized mark or two but I cannot find it w/o a magnifier. I used it once with my 8wt rod for a Steelhead trip. Fully machined in Korea & reliable / smooth disc drag. If you can look past the 'brand', this is a super reel. Comes in original box. $55....NEW PRICE $45

Orvis Superfine Trout Bum Edition 7.5', 4piece, 4wt, Tip Flex: Decided to keep the rod, it fits my casting stroke so well that I would have regretted selling it.

SAGE Performance Nymph Taper WF4F Fly Line : Fished for a season (4-5 trips), no cracks, always cleaned and dressed after each outing. Comes in original box. $25 NEW PRICE $20

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by mysticm; 06-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM

hunter1979 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abel, Ross, Orvis, Sage...wife is going to kill me sale :)

PM sent on the Cortland.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Have we learned our lesson now? NEVER involve the wife in inventory...LOL. Now, to make things even (and I"m all about balance), you get to assist her in doing inventory of her shoes. Seems fair, right?

PM sent.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 PM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
Have we learned our lesson now? NEVER involve the wife in inventory...LOL. Now, to make things even (and I"m all about balance), you get to assist her in doing inventory of her shoes. Seems fair, right?

PM sent.
lol too funny
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

You getting her a new ring with the money.Wife ask me once ,How much money do you have in all your fishing gear ? My reply, none of your business. It did not keep you from having a ring on ever finger.. Every time delivery man drops a package at the door ( I hear .more fishing gear) no darling it al business.
uncle chubby likes this.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

She likes the ring I got her when we got married, so no new one needed I plan to invest whatever I get into the vacation pot....The only thing my wife 'wants' is more time away from work for both of us with the kids. We are blessed with great careers but the downside is lack of free time during the day to spend with the children. So any time off spent together is the best reward (even more than shoes or other bling)
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM

ramset is on a distinguished road

PM sent on AC-2 reel.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

In a edition of Outdoor Life ,,,from years ago, the Great Oracle, Pat McMannis had a story called 'Gun Running'....could just as easily be applied to any outdoor gear. IF you could possibly find this,,,it's GREAT.

It changed my life, saved my marriage and made life worth-while.

Thanks PAT !!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 PM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

Not old but getting on in life a bit,my wife said,"if you ever die before me I would not know what to do with all my Man stuff".So over the course of a couple of months I made a list and it worth of whatever I could think of and gave it to my best friend.She asked why and I told her if she knew what I spent she would kill me herself. Never spoke of it again . LOL

Scott
uncle chubby likes this.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 PM

Meatco1 is on a distinguished road

Your Superfine has received my interest, as I'm enjoying my 7' fullflex way too much. Maybe the tipflex would be just as much fun!!

PM sent.

Respects,
Richard

Last edited by Meatco1; 04-30-2013 at 03:04 PM.