The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By moxnichts
  • 1 Post By moxnichts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default The "Boxed Flat-50 Flies Special" Plus 13

In light of the start of many trout seasons, I'm ramping up the fly-box offering. For the grand sum of $30 shipped First Class or $35 sent Priority, you will receive 50 flies in a new 10-compartment fly box, and I'll work with you on the selections of dries, wets and nymphs.

And, as a bonus-- and in tribute to the two late class-mates lost recently --"my kids" from my tying classes for kids battling cancer will be kicking in their own collection known as "The Magic 13." The "13" is significant in that we started the class some months back with 13 students. Death has robbed us all of two of them, one just a day or so ago.

I prefer Paypal, if it's doable. Please let me know either via PM or directly at my home/office e-mail of jwarrington1@copper.net

Be well, my friends, and as always, may the season ahead be blessed with no shortage of tight lines...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The "Boxed Flat-50 Flies Special" Plus 13

will PM you.

Craig
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

Just emailed you

thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

Hi Jerry,

Your package arrived today. Everything is especially nice, and even though the little fly box is secondary to the flies, it looks very sturdy and will surely find a place in my vest.

Thanks!

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Glad to hear that everything arrived in fine shape. Hang onto that old Mustad box. The hook box goes back some in the history of the company.

And, as for the 10-compartment box? You'll be amazed at how much abuse it will withstand. After all, mine are still ticking and going strong, in spite of me...

Tight lines, Mox...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Hi, I specifically enjoyed the little Mustad box. I read Oslo Norway on it right away. Took me back to a trip I took in the 80's and I even found some slides of the shrimp we bought right from the boats when they came in.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 AM

Hey Mox,

I try to include an old Mustad hook box with every group of "The Magic 13." I've got a bag full of them-- and I mean FULL --from selling off a few thousand of the hooks I either over-bought in my younger years, or received through the loss of good friends. I love the Daiichi, Tiemco and Daiichi-made Orvis hooks, but I do find myself gravitating back to the old Mustad patterns from time to time. The company offered a wide variety of styles over the years, some of which you seldom see any longer. Given my stored containers of the stuff, I don't think that I'll be running out of the Mustads anytime in the foreseeable future... as in ever!!

Fish 'em well, Mox, and let me know how the flies work out...

Jerry, aka hairwing530