The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 08:00 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Ultimate "FITW" Trout Flies Assortment

Dear tsubeta04,

First of all, welcome to the forum! You'll find some truly great people on this site, and I DO mean some really great folks!!! Knowledgeable, kind and generous to a fault, and the sort of people you wouldn't mind sharing a favorite stretch of river with...

As for your question about the money? No offense taken, as it's a fair question. A very small portion of the funds keeps me wrapping enough "bugs" to fill the orders. As for the rest of it? It all will be going back into the fund that allows me to keep these classes for "my kids" free of charge!

A quick bit of history for you... Over 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with the first of what would eventually become three battles with brain cancer. Removing the tumor put me into a rehab situation, in which I had to "re-learn" many of the motor skills that we all take for granted.

My now-retired oncologist at the time was and remains an avid fly fisherman. He thought that having my tying stuff available while I was in rehab would further help me recover my hand and eye coordination. It did, but it also brought me a curious audience-- kids from the Children's Cancer wing. The number of "visitors" increased over my time in rehab, and on the long drive home, I decided that I would spend my remaining time wrapping hooks, fishing and hosting/teaching late Fall and winter tying classes for a small group of kids going through the same battle that I'd endured.

That was over 15 years ago, and since then, a few of my fishing "cronies" and I have undertaken all of the costs. None of "my kids" have ever paid a dime, and none of them ever will!!! Having beat cancer on three separate occasions has only served to bolster my resolve in this endeavor.

I don't seek out a "non-profit" status of any kind because what I do has always been my project, and mine alone. With my "cronies" and me having the final say, the classes can be molded to fit any of "my kids" needs, and not some parameters set up by an outside entity. I won't give up that sort of flexability...

Should you decide that you "want in," so to speak, that would be great. It is only because of the generosity of a few close and distant friends that the Good Lord has allowed me to keep doing this every year...

The ball, as they say, is in your court. Either way, welcome to the forum again, and may you always be blessed with memorable hours astream...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 05-26-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:51 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

To anyone considering one of these "FITW" collections, please let me know when you can. My "box" buddy-- he who puts together and engraves the boxes --is prepping another grouping for me, and I need an idea of how many to have at the ready!

Me? I'm pulling flies that are done, and wrapping those that need to be made. Many of the orders should be landing right after the holiday weekend...

And, tsubeta04? What are your thoughts, my friend? Please let me know when you can, as I'm trying to load as many "FITW" boxes as possible while I'm on the short-term "restricted duty" list. You can PM me, or e-mail me at home at jwarrington1@copper.net

Enjoy your weekend, my friends, and remember those who've served, and continue to do so today...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 AM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice

Jerry,

please put my order together.

i appreciate your message. Iwas out on the water for the last 24hours so havent had a chance to reply or pay you the fee but ill get those done today. ill forward the 75$

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-26-2013, 10:15 PM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice

Jerry,

I just sent the payment through my fiancÚ's paypal account.

I look forward to getting your order. I'll pm you the address,

thanks!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:47 AM

To those who've asked... Yes, I will make a smaller grouping of flies at a lesser cost. Here's how it will go...

You can choose any of the following:

The "FITW" 65+ Collection- same primary box choices(wooden, black aluminum or plastic), the "pocket box" and the "13" in a vintage Mustad box for $50 and shipped free of charge.

The "FITW" 100+ Collection- same as above, only $75

The "FITW" 150+ Mega-Collection- 150+ flies in an etched black aluminum box, one of the wooden boxes, the "pocket" box and the "13" in a Mustad box, all shipped free for $150!

Just be sure to let me know which collection you desire, and we'll discuss the composition of the grouping-- dries to nymphs and the like...

Payment info is included in the original post for this thread...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
baseman1 likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Jerry....

Got my package today and man am i impressed!

thanks a bunch. Ill definitely be using these as much as possible.

Keep up the good work

-Gabriel

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubeta04 View Post
Jerry....

Got my package today and man am i impressed!

thanks a bunch. Ill definitely be using these as much as possible.

Keep up the good work

-Gabriel

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 AM

Hey Gabriel,

Thank you for the compliments regarding your "FITW" package, and for letting me know that they arrived safely! You saved me a follow-up "just checking in on delivery" e-mail, come tomorrow.

Fish 'em hard, and in the best of way... And, tight lines to you... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 06-27-2013, 04:57 AM

Good Morning, Everybody...

If anyone still is in need of flies, or just wants one of the "FITW" fly collections, please let me know soon. I'm going to be wrapping up the offerings in the near future, and I want to make sure those who want one gets there before I start putting things away.

Tight lines, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 PM

For all who've purchased one of the "FITW" Trout Flies Assortments, or those who might be thinking about it, I'm going to offer a one-time deal to the next "FITW" buyer as a "Thank You" to everybody for your generosity and kindnesses...

For the price of $125, or whatever else one would like to kick in, I will include the following: 1- Ultimate "FITW" Collection of 113+ flies with boxes; 1- brand new Redington CT(Classic Trout) 8'6" 4-piece, 3-wt. fly rod with cordura case and warranty card; and free shipping on the whole lot to your door! Basically, you'd be getting a rod that retailed for $149 for about $55 or so and free shipping...

This is a one-time offer, as I only have one new "spare" 3-wt. rod, and I figure that the best place to utilize it is to include in my efforts for "my kids..."

If you're interested, either drop me a PM or shoot me an e-mail at
jwarrington1@copper.net I would prefer Paypal, if at all possible, as it saves me a long drive to the bank.

My many thanks to all who've participated and shown a great deal of generosity. I've still got a few boxes left to go, but not that many...

Be well, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 06-30-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

ill take it lol hopefully i am the first to write back!