The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Ultimate "FITW" Trout Flies Assortment

Hey streamborn_jr77,

The Redington CT 8'6", 4-piece 3-wt. is yours, as is one of my "Ultimate FITW" collections, and a few surprises. I thank you for both your support of this cause, and for your service to this country. I'll try and find something really "special" for your package of stuff!!

Be well, be careful, and above all else, never forget that you've got a lot of folks here at home praying for your safe return. After all, we need more fly fishermen among our ranks...

Tight lines always, and God speed...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Just saw this Jerry,

Just for anyone else I have bought a couple of packs from him and they are amazing quality flies. These are going to a great guy, so anyone needing flies and not wanting to support the small guys out there, this is a great way.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:54 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

Hairwing....
I think what your doing is amazing! Anything i can do to help you just let me know!! If there were more people like you in the world there would be less bait fishermen lol. Thanks hairwing and again just let me know if there is anything i can do!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 AM

jessezm is on a distinguished road
Default Fantastic!

Jerry, I sent you a PM but wanted to post here as well:

Everything just got here and I couldn't be more pleased. The nymph collection you put together was exactly what I was looking for, plus a lot of extra wet flies that I probably wouldn't have ever thought to fish, but now I most certainly will try them (we have a nice tailwater here in town that I'll have to try them on). The dries you included are exactly the ones I need as well! Those yellow sallies will be perfect for dry/dropper fishing in N. Ga through the summer. And even though I said I didn't really need it, I really love the box and it will be on display!

For anybody considering one of these collections, you will not be disappointed. This was an incredibly well thought out collection of flies of superb quality, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Anyhow, just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for everything. I do hope you're feeling well. Best,

Jesse
Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the kind words, Jesse. I always try to do my "homework" when it comes to putting a collection together, be it for a certain region of the country, or just taking into account the style of fishing-- dries to nymphs, etc. And, as you found out, I've even been known to throw in a few "surprise" flies that might have escaped consideration, flies that are additions to the grand total that arrives...

Fish 'em hard, my friend, and let me know how you do with those vintage "wet flies" in the tailwaters...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 AM

streamborn_jr77,

Your package and its myraid contents fly today. Billy? You're next on deck for tomorrow...

And, if all of you will allow, a plea of sorts... I've put in my orders for this year's classes needs-- materials, tools, hooks and the like --and even with the funds pulled together from the "FITW" sales and other "selling off," I've come up a little short on being able to cover the expenses.

In years past, I was always able to cover any shortfalls. This year finds me in a vastly different financial position, especially after the recent hospital visit and surgery.

The bottom line is that I need to sell 5-6 more boxes to help me cover the $400+ shortage. So, if you or anyone you know needs a sweet collection of flies packed into a nicely engraved wooden box, please send them my way.

For those of you who've pitched in and already purchased a "FITW" collection, my heartfelt thanks goes out to you. For those considering it? I really appreciate your even thinking about it...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

Sounds good Hairwing again thank you so much! I will talk to everyone i know and see what i can pull together for you and your students! Will get back to you soon!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 AM

okiefshr12 is on a distinguished road

Jerry,

That's an awesome thing your are doing. I'm interested in the $75 collection and will try to message you later today.

Thanks a bunch and God bless
Evan
Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 AM

Hey streamborn_jr77 and okiefshr12...

I appreciate and applaud the efforts that you're making on behalf of yours truly and "my kids." The last few months have seen me spending more time at the bench than on the river, but that is a small sacrifice compared to what "my kids" endure each day, and one I've willingly made. I've spent my fair share of time exactly where they're at, and I don't take lightly the positive impact of the tying classes.

So, I push to get the job done, as I've never failed to have a ready stock of materials, hooks, tools and supplies for the classes, even when it's meant underwriting most or all of it on my own. These last 10 months, however-- another set of gamma-knife treatments and my surgical stay not long ago --have literally drained the accounts and left me paddling to stay afloat.

Still, I'm not asking for sympathy. What I'm offering, instead, is something of a "fair value" exchange-- a boatload of flies and a really nice box(or two) for far less than most shops would charge. No hidden agendas, no shady practices. Just a great deal on a bunch of flies...

No matter what happens, I want to thank the two of you for taking an interest. Without an outstanding support system like yourselves and others, I wouldn't be able to do what it is I do every Fall and Winter. And, for that, I thank you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 PM

okiefshr12 is on a distinguished road

Jerry,
Just got off the phone with my dad. He said count him in. Ill send you another pm in a bit.