The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default The Ultimate "FITW" Trout Flies Assortment

LAST CALL... OFFER ENDS AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, AUGUST 9, 2013... As a number of you know, I've beaten back the brain cancer demons on three separate occasions over the last 15+ years. And, during the entire time, I've hosted the annual fly-tying classes for "my kids"-- kids battling/surviving the disease. The classes have always been free of any costs to "my kids," and me and a few "cronies" want to ensure that it stays that way for as long as I'm vertical.

With that goal in mind-- and with a little help from my friends --I've put together my "Ultimate FITW" Trout Flies Assortment. The "FITW" has long been the nickname for my classes-- Feathers In The Wind -- and we just added the words "Trout Flies" to the end of it.

For the total of $75, you will now receive: no less than 125 flies-- plus 25 or more addition "bugs," giving you a grand total of 150+ flies! (My counts tend to run a bit heavy, so I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed...) They will come in a 4-inch x 5.5-inch wooden fly box with an Adam fly etched on the box, along with the wording "Feathers In The Wind" Trout Flies. You'll also receive a new 10-compartment fly box and free CONUS USPS Priority Mail delivery to your doorstep. And, I'm notorious for including the "odd surprise," now and then...

The photos are now both in hairwing530's profile/album and here on this posting. I like to think that the wooden boxes and the flies really are some [I]serious[I] offerings!

I prefer Paypal when possible, as I'm not fond of 30-mile trips to the bank. However, checks/MO are fine. My Paypal account is the same as my home/office e-mail: jwarrington1@copper.net Please contact me either via PM or directly at home, and I can send some photos to any e-mail address.

Here's hoping this lot of stuff will find favor among you all... Be well and tight lines, my friends... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

[URL="http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/members/hairwing530-albums-hairwing530-flies-fitw-trail-s-end-flies-boxes-picture4151-feathers-wind-trout-flies-box.html"][/22%5 I likhairwing5wwell ae2winETOty+ELOWerr
rchouser12 likes this.

Last edited by hairwing530; 08-09-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:35 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Ultimate "FITW" Trout Flies Assortment

And, as I'm still working out the kinks in the photo posting, here's a shot of the flies... Jerry, aka hairwing530

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

And, one last shot of the overall offerings... if it works. Thanks for your patience, guys, especially you, Larry... Jerry, aka hairwing530

rchouser12 likes this.

Last edited by hairwing530; 06-14-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:08 AM

I've added a few more flies to the "FITW" mix and made an adjustment or two, along with the possible inclusion of one of my infamous "suprises" included with the occasional package. Nope... no hints... Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-12-2013, 05:57 AM

One final "ramping up" of the fly totals... Please see my original post on the "FITW" assortments... Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

This looks like one heck of a deal. If I was in the market for flies or boxes I would leap on this.
A pile of flies at less than .75 each along with a presentation box and smaller box for your vest seems like a sweet deal that I wish was available way back when.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:55 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Just received my 50 piece+13 package today. Very nicely done and a great little box, and the mustad box. Will cherish the kids flies and keep them for my hat!

Craig
Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 AM

Craig,

I know how you feel about "preserving" the flies tied by "my kids." Still, do me-- and them --a favor and float them all at least one time on a favorite stream or river. You see, you would be honoring the memories of a trio of "my kids" who've since left this world by tying on a few of the flies once in awhile. I'm of the opinion that they all would have liked that...

Enjoy the flies, my friend... Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 AM

jpower6210 is on a distinguished road

Jerry-

This is such a great idea, and with all the money we all spend on this "sport" I am a bit surprised that no one has jumped on this- a chance to do some good, and get a great bunch of flies as well. I will take them- Paypal on it's way-

JP
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 AM

As of this morning, my "boxes" buddy has informed me that we now have the solid availability of both black aluminum boxes and high-impact two-sided plastic boxes, all etched with the "FITW" logos and both with slit-foam interiors, in addition to the wooden ones. By the way, the plastic boxes are waterproof fly boxes.

Just let me know your preferences. And, one last thought... I've had a few requests to build what I've affectionately titled the "FITW Mega-Collections." They come with 150+ flies packed in the black aluminum box, the Magic 13, and one each of the wooden and 10-compartment "pocket boxes." The price is $150 shipped...

Man, it's good to be back home after another final batch of my post-cancer "mid-terms..." Tight lines, everybody...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 AM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice

first time poster here.

got on this forum about a week ago.

got into fly fishing 6months ago and got the bug bad.

this is a great project you got going on.

Ill be ordering from you later this week if not later today.

im sure i can put to use those flies down here in Texas.

do you mind if I post this on some of the local forums?

have you considered getting a non profit status?

also....with no disrespect, what does the money go to specifically?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2