The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Account on hold

philbush1127 is on a distinguished road
Default gloomis pro4x 3wt 8' rod & ross evolution lt #2 reel

I have for sale a G loomis pro4x 4 piece 3wt 8ft rod. Also a brand new Ross evolution lt #2 reel. My girlfriend bought these for me without consulting me a couple months ago and spent over six hundred dollars. Every time I touch them I feel like its gonna break on me. I rather sell these and get two cheaper rods. I don't have the original box and lost the reel cover. I haven't even used either of them once. I'd like to get 300 for the rod and 250 for the reel but it is OBO

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 PM

djamtime will become famous soon enough
Default Re: gloomis pro4x 3wt 8' rod & ross evolution lt #2 reel

If I were you, I would get over that feeling and fish with it!! Once you hook into a nice fat 20" brown then land it... your fears of breaking it will subside. Besides they both have a great warranty Just a thought.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Account on hold

I much rather have two cheap rods than one expensive rod but if they don't sell I guess I don't have much of an option
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I will say this, your girlfriend has good taste in tackle. She did a fine job choosing that outfit for you as a gift. With help or not, I'd say she's a keeper!

Why not hang on to one of the two items as a memento from her wonderful gift, use the funds from the sold item to source one rod. Then buy the other outright? If you're not sold on the rod, why not keep the reel? Those EVO's are wonderful reels.

Whatever you decide, good luck with your sale.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Account on hold

She's about as country as it gets. If I was to keep one it would be the reel I have grown found of it but I think it's a little heavy for the 3 wt rod. It balances out nice but I haven't loaded it yet so I don't really know how it would then
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Go find some nice trout streams and fish this outfit, don't worry about breaking the rod as long as your sensible you'll be fine. Loomis makes a fantastic stick. This was a very, very nice gift from your girlfriend, she did well.

My personal opinion is that you should keep it, because if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself someday in the future.
imxer likes this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Account on hold

I like how everybody says that they love this rod and reel and keep telling me to keep it but nobody wants to buy it haha
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I have several Loomis rods, they're my favorite. Would love to have the rod, but cash is a bit short for this purchase.

How does your gal feel about you wanting to sell it?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Account on hold

She doesn't really care she just wants me to be happy with whatever I get next. Trust me I love it too but I'm very hard on everything I own.

Last edited by philbush1127; 05-16-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Account on hold

I'd also be open to trades. I'm looking for fly tying equipment, waders, vests, 7-9wt rods and reels, flies. I'm open to a lot of things