The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 PM

crashfromboston is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

I lurk in a lot of forums and i have seen this guy begging, buying and selling.
Its just odd that his scams went on as long as they did considering how many people are on more than just one forum. I hope the authorities catch up to this guy soon.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

This Clown is alive ..... and well, should this thread be pinned up on the top?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:55 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfromboston View Post
I hope the authorities catch up to this guy soon.
For that to happen, people need to file police reports.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:30 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Personally if someone is not "active" on the few sites I am on I wont do business with them. Not worth the chance of getting robbed.

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
As long as someone is allowed to register under a 'Num-Nut-D-Pulm' (bad pun intended) you will always get people like this..

My log in name, here and every where, is my real name. Even my e-mail address if you add: .gmail.com.

Just personal opinion here, but why would you not register/post with your 'real name/location?' You ask specific questions on what/how/where/with what questions .. how do you expect 'us' to respond?

Sorry, Board Room talk after listening to some "I'm full of my self my eyes are brown."
Totally disagree with all of this, I would never give out my full name. There are better ways of securing a forum from frauds, this is not one of them. For location still kind of iffy, but really not typically a big deal.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
For that to happen, people need to file police reports.
Agree, the problem would be where? My guess it would have to be with a Police Department at his location. Then what?
Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
This Clown is alive ..... and well, should this thread be pinned up on the top?
Fred: Good point, the thread has been made a sticky.
fredaevans and thewalker1013 like this.

Larry
Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 AM

enolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the rough

I don't understand... This thread was made a sticky so that noone gets ripped off by this guy, but he's banned?

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-29-2013, 09:20 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
I don't understand... This thread was made a sticky so that noone gets ripped off by this guy, but he's banned?
For one thing he shows up on other forums. On a number he has used the same screen name but I think he's realized that he's burnt that one out. Saw him on one where he had a new 'name' but when you read the details it was very easy to recognize that it is the same guy. Perhaps if people see this thread and read the details they will be able to spot him on another forum and with another screen name.
Auntie Em and thewalker1013 like this.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Problem is you can register under any name you want; real or assumed, such as yours. Only way you can really track someone like this is their computer ID chip number. Want to get around that tiny bit, simples, just go to a Public Library and use one of theirs.

Different thread but 'someone' was dressing me down for using my (and many here) 'real names' for our log in. Personally, their objection lost me. I want/need to correspond (thread/PM) with another individual, I strongly prefer to know who the hell they are.

This AM. PM'ing with Ard, and we have a couple of Bad Players (one here, one elsewhere) and my Atty flat told me not to go there. On the face of it, this Guy is a total crook, and too many people could show up in Court ... but at what cost? Where?

This clown flouts our stupidity. And trust. Went back and looked (on line) my 'expenditures' for on line buys over the last 90 days. Odd off was each of the four was for $250.00. First time ever I've gotten burned (two).

Will I ever buy 'equipment' off a web site? Probably, but the seller will have a hell of a long posting history.

Just my .02 cents. But I rant.
Auntie Em likes this.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:48 AM

enolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the rough

Is the classified section here visible to anyone - or just members?

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...