The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 06:43 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

I've wondered the same thing Fred. Interesting to me that he didn't really work to disguise himself even though he changed his 'name' to Bamboo1. Perhaps his next move will be more subtle, but it has made me wonder if he isn't intentionally malicious but just seriously 'off' in some way. Not an excuse but it's curious that he doesn't seem to work hard to hide. Though that could change.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another one of his posts trolling for free stuff. He asks for info but I suspect he wants free tools!

"I was going to college through Vocational Rehabilitation through the VA. because when I got hurt, I was no longer able to continue my job as a Fire Fighter also, because of my PTSD it is no longer safe for me to be in the work force so, now I cannot work which means I can no longer go to college under that program. I did however get a call from my Vocational Rehab counselor today(I know, on a Sunday?)anyway, she told me about another program called independent living where if your house needs to be adapted they will do it for free or if you have a skill, they will buy you the tools you need. Now, I can build graphite and fiberglass rods but have always wanted to build bamboo rods. I have read many books on the subject and also read just about all the post here and else where on building these rods and if provided with the right tools, I feel I will be able to build moderately priced rods or blanks as a supplemental income. What I would like from you is, if one or two of the builders here on the forum to supply me with an Excel sheet of all the tools necessary to build even specialty tools that you found helpful. My goal is to end up with a comprehensive list and possible prices to present to these people in hope that they will support this endeavor.

Thank you, Scott

Scott Martin"

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Thomas Williams is on a distinguished road

Anyone who deals with this person beware. He is a know scammer and uses several websites to swindle people. I'm glad to see this is a sticky.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:51 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Williams View Post
Anyone who deals with this person beware. He is a know scammer and uses several websites to swindle people. I'm glad to see this is a sticky.
Indeed Thomas. "To be forewarned is to be forearmed."

Fred
Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 PM

swidaho is on a distinguished road

Being new to the forum I see a lot of great people here. I hope to one day be able to help others as I have been here. I'm not sure how this works or how hard it is to set up, on one of the gun forums I'm on uses a trade count system. It goes for those who are buying, selling and trading. You rate some one on how the deal went for you and they do the same for you. If you have a few trades that are low most will not deal with you. The trade count is placed next to you post count.
Anyway, just a idea to help keep people from getting burned.

Bill
Old 01-11-2014, 09:20 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Bill here I think two things come into play. Length of registration and 'post count.' Well, add the viability of the postings ... BS is still BS if all you're trying to do is 'run up numbers.

Me and a trade, or just send it off and let someone enjoy what I can't/won't use it all comes down to the other fellows contribution to this forum. There's a current thread going where 'someone' who registered in January 2014, yes he hasn't been here a month, asking for free 'stuff.'

I'll just leave it at that .....
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:53 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Makes me throw up just a little bit in my mouth () when I see a reference to newtyer1! So afraid he's found his way out from behind where ever he's slunk to.
And he's not the only one! Be wary People!
jaybo41 likes this.