Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

tpcollins

Reaction score
I had a rod and reel listed in the classifieds that he made an offer on which was accepted but there's been no response back, he has no posts, looks like he deals with private messages only, and his account may have been closed.

(I tried to post this in the classifieds but now I need 100 posts). Thanks.
posted it for you;)
JP

Last edited by a moderator:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a rod and reel listed in the classifieds that he made an offer on which was accepted but there's been no response back, he has no posts, looks like he deals with private messages only, and his account may have been closed.

(I tried to post this in the classifieds but now I need 100 posts). Thanks.
posted it for you;)
JP
TP: Looks like you got real lucky not completing the deal with the scammer newtyer1, he has quite the reputation built up online.

mysticm

Reaction score
I had a couple of PMs from Newtyer1 about my Orvis rod I had listed in classifieds. Never dealt with him before but am glad that I read the posts just shared. Looks like folks have had some strange experiences with him.

I had decided to keep my rod (take it off classifieds) so never proceeded ahead with any further discussions with Newtyer1, so no way to predict what would have happened.

silver creek

Reaction score
He used the name of the Quantico Marine Base Project Healing Waters coordinator to try to scam a fly tying vise from Regal.

His name is Scott Martin from Staunton, VA. Beware of sending any money or goods to this person.

He claims on Facebook to be a part of PHW among other things

https://www.facebook.com/NewTyer1

williamhj

Reaction score
Of note, I saw him using the name 'bamboo1' on another forum. Didn't try to disguise his location etc but did change his usual username.

tpcollins

Reaction score
Well I did receive a PM from newtyer1 this morning saying he'd have to pass on buying the Orvis rod and reel because his wife just gave him a surprise vacation - he's leaving tomorrow. Evidently he's not going fly fishing!

tpcollins

Reaction score
Actually newtyer1 did manage screw me after all - because of him, the administrators move the post count up to 100 in order to post in the classifieds. :mad:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
he is banned on seven forums as I can best recall
As long as someone is allowed to register under a 'Num-Nut-D-Pulm' (bad pun intended) you will always get people like this..

My log in name, here and every where, is my real name. Even my e-mail address if you add: .gmail.com.

Just personal opinion here, but why would you not register/post with your 'real name/location?' You ask specific questions on what/how/where/with what questions .. how do you expect 'us' to respond?

Sorry, Board Room talk after listening to some "I'm full of my self my eyes are brown.":frogdance

enolaeagle

Reaction score
I was just reading through this... Since I moderate at a remodeling forum, I'll offer a suggestion to the moderators here since this feller is pm'ing with zero posts.

Consider implementing a 10-20 post count before private messaging is authorized. Not that its some big policy or will stop spammers and rip off artists, however, participation is forced to earn other privlages.

Auntie Em

Reaction score
This is the guy I gave you all the heads up about just last week. He's a real piece of ... ummmm .... work! Run the other way when you see anything to do with him. And, warn whomever you're passing!!
Seven forums isn't nearly enough. Until he's banned from all the sites, and hopefully serving time, it still won't be enough to make up for what all he's done.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I was just reading through this... Since I moderate at a remodeling forum, I'll offer a suggestion to the moderators here since this feller is pm'ing with zero posts.

Consider implementing a 10-20 post count before private messaging is authorized. Not that its some big policy or will stop spammers and rip off artists, however, participation is forced to earn other privlages.
Todd: Sounds like a good suggestion to me, I will run this by Ard when he returns on Tuesday.

Larry

rmorrison

Reaction score
Well I did receive a PM from newtyer1 this morning saying he'd have to pass on buying the Orvis rod and reel because his wife just gave him a surprise vacation - he's leaving tomorrow. Evidently he's not going fly fishing!
What? How is it this S*#@ bag still has access to do anything on this (or any) site? Mods?