The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/)
-   -   Wanted: American made 6' 2wt (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/324669-wanted-american-made-6-2wt.html)

navezgane 07-09-2013 08:41 PM

Wanted: American made 6' 2wt

Preferably on the slower side and 2 pc 6'-6'6"

mikel 07-09-2013 08:47 PM

Re: Wanted: American made 6' 2wt

Orvis has these...Made in Manchester, Vermont, USA.

Fly Fishing Rod / Superfine Touch 2-weight 6' Fly Rod—Full Flex -- Orvis

Mine is older and 6'6" and it's all the ultralight I'll ever need.

-Mike

South Holston 07-09-2013 08:53 PM

St. Croix Imperial is made in America.. and I sell them. at $190..
you can reach me at 423-878-2822.
Thanks,
Rod Champion

chased 07-10-2013 12:01 AM

Scott F2 6' 2wt glass is a pure delight to cast and fish.

-Chase

navezgane 07-10-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chased (Post 571287)
Scott F2 6' 2wt glass is a pure delight to cast and fish.

-Chase

That's the rod I've been eyeballing, especially since they're made within an hour of me. If I put one on layaway now I may be able to pay it off by this time next year.
Know anyone that has a used one they're looking to part with?

troutnut4 07-10-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navezgane (Post 571291)
That's the rod I've been eyeballing, especially since they're made within an hour of me. If I put one on layaway now I may be able to pay it off by this time next year.
Know anyone that has a used one they're looking to part with?

IMHO.. St.Croix Imperial is a decent rod for the price, but rated as a fast action rod. The Orvis rod has the full flex , slow action that you might be looking for and not a bad price. The Scott, well if you are prepared to lay out that much cash, have a custom glass built for you rather than buying a factory mass production one. Lots of good builders in the USA. If you have the time, do a little research on the Kabuto, Epic or Steffen blanks. Just my opinion.:D

plecain 07-10-2013 07:27 AM

I have the Imperial 6' 2 wt rod and like it a lot. Of the three 2 wts I own, it's the one I use the most. (The others are an 8' Sage ZXL and a 7' 6" St Croix Legend Ultra.)

It may be called 'fast action', but 'fast action' in a 2 wt is different from a heavier rod.

In fact, one of the things I have to be careful about is putting enough 'oomph' into a hook set. The rod is so light and flexible that it bends a lot on setting the hook.

fearnofishbob 07-10-2013 09:31 PM

I have a friend that has a 6' 3wt. St Croix Avid which is a "slower" rod than the Imperial.....and I'm pretty sure it is made in the USA..... with case, well care for, price ...probably around 100.00 - 125.00.....
if interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with him...... he bought the rod new a couple of years ago.......