The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM

navezgane will become famous soon enough
Default Wanted: American made 6' 2wt

Preferably on the slower side and 2 pc 6'-6'6"
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wanted: American made 6' 2wt

Orvis has these...Made in Manchester, Vermont, USA.

Fly Fishing Rod / Superfine Touch 2-weight 6' Fly Rod—Full Flex -- Orvis

Mine is older and 6'6" and it's all the ultralight I'll ever need.

-Mike
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM

South Holston will become famous soon enough

St. Croix Imperial is made in America.. and I sell them. at $190..
you can reach me at 423-878-2822.
Thanks,
Rod Champion
Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Scott F2 6' 2wt glass is a pure delight to cast and fish.

-Chase
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 AM

navezgane will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Scott F2 6' 2wt glass is a pure delight to cast and fish.

-Chase
That's the rod I've been eyeballing, especially since they're made within an hour of me. If I put one on layaway now I may be able to pay it off by this time next year.
Know anyone that has a used one they're looking to part with?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:45 AM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by navezgane View Post
That's the rod I've been eyeballing, especially since they're made within an hour of me. If I put one on layaway now I may be able to pay it off by this time next year.
Know anyone that has a used one they're looking to part with?
IMHO.. St.Croix Imperial is a decent rod for the price, but rated as a fast action rod. The Orvis rod has the full flex , slow action that you might be looking for and not a bad price. The Scott, well if you are prepared to lay out that much cash, have a custom glass built for you rather than buying a factory mass production one. Lots of good builders in the USA. If you have the time, do a little research on the Kabuto, Epic or Steffen blanks. Just my opinion.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

I have the Imperial 6' 2 wt rod and like it a lot. Of the three 2 wts I own, it's the one I use the most. (The others are an 8' Sage ZXL and a 7' 6" St Croix Legend Ultra.)

It may be called 'fast action', but 'fast action' in a 2 wt is different from a heavier rod.

In fact, one of the things I have to be careful about is putting enough 'oomph' into a hook set. The rod is so light and flexible that it bends a lot on setting the hook.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM

fearnofishbob will become famous soon enoughfearnofishbob will become famous soon enough

I have a friend that has a 6' 3wt. St Croix Avid which is a "slower" rod than the Imperial.....and I'm pretty sure it is made in the USA..... with case, well care for, price ...probably around 100.00 - 125.00.....
if interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with him...... he bought the rod new a couple of years ago.......