Nothing wrong with these rods at all, putting them up so that I can get some new rods. All prices are shipped with in CONUS. Larger high resolution pictures available for interested folks. My condition scale:
NEW IN BOX (NIB): UNUSED W/ ORIGINAL CONTAINER.
MINT (M): UNUSED W/O ORIGINAL CONTAINER.
EXCELLENT (EXC): VERY MINOR FLAWS IN FINISH.
VERY GOOD (VG): FINISH SHOWING WEAR, NO MISSING PARTS.
GOOD (G): MINOR PHYSICAL PROBLEMS, FINISH SCRATCHED/WORN, POSSIBLE REWRAP AND/OR REVARNISH, MINOR PARTS MISSING.
1) Sage Z Axis 496-4: In Excellent condition, used for a couple of trips. Only visual wear is on the wooden reel seat, it shows a very small superficial scratch or two. The longer length makes this a great nymphing (Euro, traditional) rod. I think I may have blank warranty card somewhere in the den. $399 Aug7 price: $375
2) Sage LL 490-4 DEMO Rod: In Mint to Excellent condition, only issue is some very minor oxidation / finish wear on the Nickel reel seat band. One of the premier examples of a dry fly rod. Used for one trip. $375 Aug7 price: $360
3) Sage VPS Light 379-3 Rod: In Excellent condition. Same blank / taper as the legendary LL but with different hardware. Fantastic dry fly action in a shorter rod.$275 Aug7 price: $260
4) Orvis Far & Fine 7'9" 5wt, 2 piece: In Excellent condition. Brand new tip section (from Orvis) recently after my 5 y.o. closed the porch door on the tip. Only blemish is a small 1.5" long dent in the metal tube (no paint loss). Otherwise it is outstanding. A great rod for those who like a nice progressive action. $289 Aug7 price: $270
5) Orvis CFO IV Reel + Extra Spool: This is the old rivet back Hardy made model. Has been used a lot and has a lot of fish mojo. Significant amount of silvering around the rim and both spools have a small dent. However the mechanism is perfect, purrs when a fish is on. $175 Aug7 price: $165