The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hairwing530

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 11:29 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Two Sets of Perrine Aluminum Fly Boxes+

BOTH SETS HAVE BEEN SOLD... After some "refurbishing" work by yours truly, I have a couple of sets of the vintage Perrine fly boxes for sale, each set with an additional unknown aluminum snelled flies box. I'm now asking not $25, but $20 per set and that price includes shipping via Priority Mail. If someone wants both sets, I'll send them off for $35 for the four Perrines and the two unknowns.

If you need further info, please let me know via PM or an e-mail to: jwarrington1@copper.net I prefer Paypal, if you're able, as it saves me driving into town... And, the funds from this and my other sales all go back into the fund for "my kids" and their classes. So, all fair offers will be considered...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Set #1:

Click the image to open in full size.

Set #2:

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 10-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:09 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Two Sets of Perrine Aluminum Fly Boxes+

I have a box like the one on the right in set one that I bought when I was about 12 or 13 and it is filled to the gills with streamers I tied when I was in junior high school. Lots of winter hours spent tying all those flies after my hands warmed up enough from being out rabbit hunting. A snow day back then meant running rabbits with the beagle and my old 20 GA and sitting at the dining room table with my old Universal Vise that I still use to this day. Used to have a lot of snow here in Missouri back in those days. It doesn't snow here now like it did back then.

Wow! I sound like I am about to turn 94 and not 54!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:15 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Hey Mike,

What you see in the photos above are the end result of my upbringing. If it can be "fixed, repaired or reclaimed for another purpose," I'm your guy. When I found these Perrines-- and a few others still in progress --they were a mess! Now? They're in truly nice condition, especially given their age. And, given your own history, you know how well they can hold their own...

That same sort of "make-over" mentality is being applied to the wooden cigar boxes I'm working on. If someone can find a sweeter-looking bin of fly hooks-- the Padron and Fuentes Hemingway boxes all were made by hand --then I guess that I've missed the mark somehow!

At any rate, more on the wooden cigar box/fly hook bins soon...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM

Major price drop... Please see the first post...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 PM

The two sets of Perrines are even more ready for "adoption" by a new home... Check out the new prices...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 AM

In a last-ditch effort, and with one final push, $22 per set or $40 for the pair, shipped to your door...

Jerry, aka hairwing530