The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 PM

bobo_greybeard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Cigar Box Hooks & Feathers Kits...

Well, I am fairly new to all of this. This is actually my first post on this site. I just wanted to say what a cool idea and I think it is great that you are helping children become tomorrow's outdoors people.

Keep up the great work and I am going to see if I can swing one of these boxes by the end of the month if the special is still going on. I started out tying jigs and now I am beginning to tie some basic flies. I have a lot of material but it seems like I never have enough hooks. LOL

Thanks,

Bobo
Old 12-22-2013, 06:55 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Bobo,

Thank you for the kind words. As a 16+years survivor of three brain tumors-- tumor #2 rendered me blind for five years until the "miracle surgery" of late 2009 --I've been teaching the classes to "my kids" for over 15 years. And, I never get tired of doing the classes. It's my way of giving back to a very special group of kids who always enjoy a little distraction from their daily challenges battling and surviving cancer.

I'll be cutting some cedar later this afternoon for building cigar box inserts. So, as long as I'm at it, I'll put a box together for you and set it aside with your name on it. Then, when you're ready, we'll talk... Deal?

Be well, and have a great Christmas, Bobo. And, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people who call this place "home," and I feel sure that you'll enjoy their company.

Oh... If you'd like to know a little bit more about me, check out the "Lodge Den" section of the forum and read "I Met Myself Last Night..."

Take good care...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
bobo_greybeard likes this.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:19 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Just received Jerry's box of goodies to help a new tier out. All I can say is he is way too generous and that I really appreciate. He's one of the good guys in this world as you can tell.

So, thank you jerry, ohh I'll also add pics later once I build my work bench to put my fly tying station on

Ryan
Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 PM

Jerry,

Thank you very much for your Kindness. I have been tying jigs for a little while but now I have made the leap into flies. LOL I don't sleep very well, so when i can't sleep I search the net for different things on fly tying and give the patterns a shot. I have a bit of material but I always seem to run low on hooks. LOL

I will PM you to see how to get you your funds in the next day or so.

Thank you again for your kindness and for teaching the next generation how to love the outdoors.

Bobo
Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Bobo,

I've got two boxes in the "glue-drying" stages, and they'll be ready to fill with hooks later tonight or first thing tomorrow. If you'd like one of them, please let me know as one already may be spoken for. Also, if you need "tying additions" to the package-- tools, materials and the like --let me know that as well, and we can work on an overall "package" for you.

You can reach me direct at jwarrington1 at copper dot net or simple PM me.

Look forward to hearing from you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 12-28-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Bobo,

I've got two boxes in the "glue-drying" stages, and they'll be ready to fill with hooks later tonight or first thing tomorrow. If you'd like one of them, please let me know as one already may be spoken for. Also, if you need "tying additions" to the package-- tools, materials and the like --let me know that as well, and we can work on an overall "package" for you.

You can reach me direct at jwarrington1 at copper dot net or simple PM me.

Look forward to hearing from you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

I definatly want it. I am sending you an email now.

Bobo
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 PM

In response to a few requests, I've decided to do a January "holdover" on the pre-Christmas pricing and keep the cigar box hook packages at $40. Hopefully, this will get some of my fellow tiers through the "paying for Christmas" challenges...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
craigthor and bobo_greybeard like this.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:55 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

If anyone's on the fence about ordering one of these, I highly recommend Jerry's work completely. Expert craftsmanship and a deal you won't find anywhere else.

Ryan
Old 12-29-2013, 06:59 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
In response to a few requests, I've decided to do a January "holdover" on the pre-Christmas pricing and keep the cigar box hook packages at $40. Hopefully, this will get some of my fellow tiers through the "paying for Christmas" challenges...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Mighty kind of you!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 AM

ruud is on a distinguished road

Hi Jerry, your boxes look awesome!! I am a novice flyfisher and a beginning tyer from The Netherlands.
Would you ship overseas to Netherlands? At what price?

Thanks
Ruud