The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default The Cigar Box Hooks & Feathers Kits...

JANUARY HOLDOVER ON THE PRE-CHRISTMAS PRICING... For those who'll be wrapping a hook or two in the days ahead, I'm offering the following "Cigar Box 500+ Hooks/ Feathers/Knife" kits for $40, rather than the usual $45.. This price now will be good throughout the month of January as well as December, and the boxes will include the following:

1- vintage wooden cigar box with cedar compartments

500+ hooks Mostly dry-fly hooks, with some wet fly/nymph hooks available from the likes of Tiemco/Umpqua, Daiichi, Mustad, and even a few Orvis. The sizes available are size #8 through #20 in the dries, with the wets mostly in sizes 8, 10 and 12, some streamer hooks, and nymphs in sizes #8 and #14. The choices are yours, and I'll customize your box with any combinations that you need to fit your tying...

3 Whiting feather clumps (great for tailing or wrapping. The box is for display purposes... unless you really want one. Then, we'll talk... And, the hackle colors are representative of what's available)

1 "hairwing530 surprise" see the refurbished knives below. (I also have some multi-blade knives available as well...)

Free shipping

The price? Even with the upgraded hook total, I'm sticking with the "holiday price" of $40 delivered to your door! It's as good a deal on 500+ hooks and a vintage cigar box/feathers/knife combo as you'll find anywhere...

And, as I'll be custom building each compartment insert from cedar grown and milled from the AuSable River corridor, I can work with everybody on "customizing" their hook selections. You'll receive a box that will suit your tying needs. But, please try to give me as much "lead time" as possible, as I put each one together by hand...

Paypal is the preferred mode of payment, but personal checks or money orders are fine as well. If you have any questions, please drop me a PM or shoot me an e-mail at: jwarrington1 at copper.net

Let me know what you think, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 12-29-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:30 PM

runningrockmt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Cigar Box Hooks & Feathers Kits...

PM sent Hairwing.

NT
Old 10-13-2013, 05:03 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

The 'Box' took me back, what 50 years and Mr. Kenworthy. The fellow ran major single home construction for a major builder we financed in the PNW. (Cr ap, their name just blew out of my feeble mind.)

Pile of files on the car seat, do the 'inspection' and write cheques for the hour. 'Cash on the nail head' to pay the sub-contrators.

Just remembered: "Heb and Narodic." Spelling is waaaay off so lets not go there.

Never saw the fellow without a C-Gar going. Only had one time, that I can think of, where 'We have to talk.'

There was an 'economic colapse,' home interest rates really did go to 20 percent. All of his 'Sub's' sat at around the Board Room table and gave me (well my Admin Asst for 17.5 years) their bills.

'Gentlemen, H and N are Honorable People, so is Rainier Bank.' Wrote a hell of a lot of cheques that afternoon. Took a hell of a 'hit', but that passed with time.

Employment offer June, 1984 need a move to California; one heck of a going way party. Gather I was referred to as "The Kid." As in young fellow, no one 'messed with me,' but once. Not needed and 'Don't fluff his tail feathers.'

fae
Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

As a pre-season "gift" of sorts to everyone here on the forum, I'm dropping my price on the "vintage cigar box hooks/feathers sets" to $40 throughout the month of December. After that, who knows? Doing these annual hook sales has never been about the money. Rather, it's about making sure that I have enough $$$ to assure "my kids" of always having everything they need during our late Fall and Winter tying classes. "My kids" go through enough as it is, what with battling and surviving their cancers, just as their teacher-- "Pops" (my nickname with them all) --does each day.

With that said, the price is now $40 for the vintage wooden cigar boxes, their 500+ hooks, 3 Whiting feather clumps, the "hairwing530 surprise," (your choice of blade styles) and free shipping...

Here's to you, my friends, one and all...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
fyshstykr likes this.

Last edited by hairwing530; 12-01-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM

dondgt is on a distinguished road

I'm interested in this. PM sent.
- Don
Old 10-23-2013, 05:54 AM

As the last of my AuSable River cedar from the mill has been delivered-- the tree went down in a storm awhile back --I've ramped up the larger boxes to 8 compartments rather than six. I've also updated the photos above...

And, Nolan and Don? Your boxes depart later today, or first thing tomorrow... Just waiting for the retaining glue to fully dry...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 10-30-2013, 05:55 AM

Two delivered-- NT and Don's --and a couple more departing within the next few days. Guys, I've still got some available, so let me know your needs/wants for the tying season...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mridenour likes this.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:54 PM

dondgt is on a distinguished road

Box arrived very quickly, securely packed in bubble wrap. The hooks didn't stay sorted, but I spoke with Jerry and he's got a plan for that for his next boxes.

No surprises. The box looks pretty much like the picture.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 PM

meathelmet has a spectacular aura aboutmeathelmet has a spectacular aura about

Just ordered mine and Jerry was nice enough set my up for my begining fly tying set-up or addiction....have not figured that one out yet.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM

meathelmet has a spectacular aura aboutmeathelmet has a spectacular aura about

Well, I have to admit that I was a little nervous as this is my first internet purchase but after a few emails back and forth I really felt that Harwing530 was a stand up guy in fact after telling him I was a newbie at fly tying and fly fishing for that matter Hairwing530 packaged a beginner fly tying box that was full of everything! I still got the cigar box/hook special, image below.

The fully monty

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...ps74a54ce9.jpg

The hooks were each individually packaged with bubble wrap which was really nice.

Looking forward to Harwing530 next great deal!