The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel

My bunny strip leech pattern isn't beautiful, but they work.
Can you use them? I tie them in 2 colors, black and brown crawfish.
Let me know.
ia_trouter likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
That would be great. No hurry as the next event isn't until next year. The spring creek we take them to is stocked bows and small wild browns. Nymphs around #16 and wet flies in general typically put most of them on fish. Any generic beadhead nymphs work well enough most of the season here. Woolies are EZ for the club guys to tie and fill in the gap if the water isn't clear that day.

They did the 2013 event right before I joined so I just got to see slide shows and that really inspired me to learn to tie. Most caught fish and they were smiling like 8 year olds on their first bluegill.
Sounds good, I will tie up some size 16 nymphs when I get back home.

Forgot to mention the good Kharma I'm sending Geoff's way for the very generous act of kindness, way to play it forward!

Larry

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
Let me know.
It's hard to beat how well a bunny strip leech works, the action in the water just makes it too irrestible for the fish!

Larry

Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM

ia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to all

Quote:
Let me know.
Sounds like a good pattern if they are fairly small. In my limited experience on these small waters less is more. #12 Wooly generally out performs a #8, #16-18 nymphs much better than a #14 etc. That's been the case around here this year anyway.

No particular quantity of flies is needed either. The fly boxes the chapter provides do not have to be identical. They just try to fill them with flies appropriate for a first time flyfisher.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

I usually tie them in size 10 and 8. But I will tie them in size #12 in those2 colors and mix them with/without the bead heads.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:15 PM

ia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to allia_trouter is a name known to all

Quote:
I usually tie them in size 10 and 8. But I will tie them in size #12 in those2 colors and mix them with/without the bead heads.
Sounds great, bead heads have been very consistent here. Just PM me when they are ready, and again there is no rush.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

This sort of thing really makes me proud to be a member of this forum.......you guys are great!!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Dont worry, I'll have some more stuf fto give away in a couple days too.

I'll send you a dozen beadheads, pheasant tails, copper johns and maybe some princes.
craigthor likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-08-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Dont worry, I'll have some more stuf fto give away in a couple days too.

I'll send you a dozen beadheads, pheasant tails, copper johns and maybe some princes.
Wow, we better leave some fly box space for the chapter guys to tie a little
Old 11-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Geoff

The reel arrived today and it looks like new. I have waited a month to try out my 8WT rod so THANK YOU so much.

The flies you donated for the cancer cause are also nice. They are absolutely what we use in our small trout streams here. They will be donated next meeting, which leaves me a few days to shamelessly try to duplicate them while I have them.
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Just glad I could help

Now to give away some more stuff.........

Storm Drain Bonefisher