The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/)
-   -   Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/336523-random-act-kindness-free-7-8wt-reel.html)

stl_geoff 11-07-2013 07:28 PM

Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel

Time to spread some holiday cheer!!! :wiggle:

All you need to do is claim my prize!!

And it took less then 10 minutes to be claimed!!! Thanks for looking guys!!!

jaybo41 11-07-2013 07:30 PM

Re: Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel

Absolutely awesome gesture! Way to pay it forward! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ia_trouter 11-07-2013 07:38 PM

I PMed you if it is still available.

craigthor 11-07-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ia_trouter (Post 608554)
I PMed you if it is still available.

This guy definitely needs it surprised his other half hasn't cut him off yet. :p

buddhist_palm 11-07-2013 07:48 PM

Good karma... Coming your way

ia_trouter 11-07-2013 08:04 PM

Thanks Geoff, the reel is much appreciated. Hope I can return the favor. In the mean time I will immediately tie some more flies for the breast cancer survivor ladies outing my FFF chapter takes fishing every year.

stl_geoff 11-07-2013 08:18 PM

I'll send you some too, to toss in with the bunch

ia_trouter 11-07-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_geoff (Post 608568)
I'll send you some too, to toss in with the bunch

That would be great, the IA stocker trout the ladies are fishing for mostly hit little nymphs my older buds in the club have some trouble tying.

mcnerney 11-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ia_trouter (Post 608566)
Thanks Geoff, the reel is much appreciated. Hope I can return the favor. In the mean time I will immediately tie some more flies for the breast cancer survivor ladies outing my FFF chapter takes fishing every year.

If you can use some additional nymphs, let me know what types and size and I'll tie up a dozen to help out. I'm not at home this week so I won't be able to tie until next week, if that works.

Larry

ia_trouter 11-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 608596)
If you can use some additional nymphs, let me know what types and size and I'll tie up a dozen to help out. I'm not at home this week so I won't be able to tie until next week, if that works.

Larry

That would be great. No hurry as the next event isn't until next year. The spring creek we take them to is stocked bows and small wild browns. Nymphs around #16 and wet flies in general typically put most of them on fish. Any generic beadhead nymphs work well enough most of the season here. Woolies are EZ for the club guys to tie and fill in the gap if the water isn't clear that day.

They did the 2013 event right before I joined so I just got to see slide shows and that really inspired me to learn to tie. Most caught fish and they were smiling like 8 year olds on their first bluegill.