The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel

Time to spread some holiday cheer!!!

All you need to do is claim my prize!!

And it took less then 10 minutes to be claimed!!! Thanks for looking guys!!!
mridenour, yonder, ejsell and 2 others like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Last edited by stl_geoff; 11-07-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:30 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel

Absolutely awesome gesture! Way to pay it forward!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

I PMed you if it is still available.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:40 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
I PMed you if it is still available.
This guy definitely needs it surprised his other half hasn't cut him off yet.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:48 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Good karma... Coming your way
mcnerney, jaybo41, yonder and 1 others like this.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Geoff, the reel is much appreciated. Hope I can return the favor. In the mean time I will immediately tie some more flies for the breast cancer survivor ladies outing my FFF chapter takes fishing every year.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I'll send you some too, to toss in with the bunch
yonder, ia_trouter and craigthor like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I'll send you some too, to toss in with the bunch
That would be great, the IA stocker trout the ladies are fishing for mostly hit little nymphs my older buds in the club have some trouble tying.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Thanks Geoff, the reel is much appreciated. Hope I can return the favor. In the mean time I will immediately tie some more flies for the breast cancer survivor ladies outing my FFF chapter takes fishing every year.
If you can use some additional nymphs, let me know what types and size and I'll tie up a dozen to help out. I'm not at home this week so I won't be able to tie until next week, if that works.

Larry

Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
If you can use some additional nymphs, let me know what types and size and I'll tie up a dozen to help out. I'm not at home this week so I won't be able to tie until next week, if that works.

Larry
That would be great. No hurry as the next event isn't until next year. The spring creek we take them to is stocked bows and small wild browns. Nymphs around #16 and wet flies in general typically put most of them on fish. Any generic beadhead nymphs work well enough most of the season here. Woolies are EZ for the club guys to tie and fill in the gap if the water isn't clear that day.

They did the 2013 event right before I joined so I just got to see slide shows and that really inspired me to learn to tie. Most caught fish and they were smiling like 8 year olds on their first bluegill.
mcnerney, fly_guy12955 and yonder like this.