The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/)
-   -   HARDY Perfect 2 5/8 (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/336721-hardy-perfect-2-5-8-a.html)

fq13 11-09-2013 10:39 PM

HARDY Perfect 2 5/8

Folks this a great classic reel. Its a small Perfect, ideal for trout. The reel is mechanically perfect and clicks like it did when it left the factory. It has a nice patina, but no rust or dings, its a light gun metal grey. The ivory handle has turned a a light brown. It comes in a leather case. Not a Hardy, just an old remington electric shaver case my granddad put it in, but its leather with a brass zipper and nicely aged as well so it wins style points. It also shows it was a well loved reel back in the day. I'll ship on approval if we have done business before. All others I want a fifty percent deposit. References of board members I've sold to provided on request. Likewise see my ebay rating which is 100% positive.
$500 or will consider trades.

fq13 12-07-2013 10:20 PM

Re: HARDY Perfect 2 5/8

I'll tell you what. I honestly don't know what this thing is worth. I think $500 is a fair starting point, but I could be wrong. But here's what I will do. I trust you guys. So if you're interested and have a few posts on this board I'll ship you the reel. Make me an offer on what you think its worth. If we come to terms great, if not all you're out is five or so bucks return shipping. I can cite a few board members I've sold stuff to and they will all tell you I'm an easy guy to deal with. What I offer is what you get, and in this case you risk nothing. I will send you a vintage Hardy reel with no money down on your part. I'll just trust that you value your rep on this board. I won't turn up my nose at any reasonable offer on this reel. It needs a good home.

wannafish 12-08-2013 12:40 AM

I suggest you wait until February and put the reel up on ebay starting at one dollar. I know it's a gamble but Perfects draw a huge crowd of bidders especially as new fishing seasons approach and Christmas is in the rear view mirror.

fq13 12-08-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannafish (Post 618414)
I suggest you wait until February and put the reel up on ebay starting at one dollar. I know it's a gamble but Perfects draw a huge crowd of bidders especially as new fishing seasons approach and Christmas is in the rear view mirror.

That's good advice. But honestly I'd rather sell it here where I trust folks and there is no hassle, even if it does cost me few bucks. I have had nothing but good experiences buying and selling here, and I like doing business with people I trust rather than total strangers. Everyone on this board values their rep, so I trust that they will deal honestly. Its more than I can say for the auction site.

craigthor 12-10-2013 05:04 PM

It's too small for what I need but would love to see some pictures of it.